aquaman the movie

#1 Posted by phage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman to me is the worst hero ever and i don't think he needs a movie

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

umm... thats not from a 'movie', thats from the TV show pilot...

it's actually a really good pilot, but wasn't picked up

M

#3 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

That actually looked pretty good.

#4 Posted by phage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"umm... thats not from a 'movie', thats from the TV show pilot...it's actually a really good pilot, but wasn't picked upM"

so aquaman is not a real movie???

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

phage says:

"Methos says:
"umm... thats not from a 'movie', thats from the TV show pilot...it's actually a really good pilot, but wasn't picked upM"

so aquaman is not a real movie???"

nope, it was a TV pilot last year some time... done by the same people who did smallville... the main lead, AC, is played by the guy who does Green Arrow in Smallville (can't remember his name)

if you can get hold of it it's actually a really good pilot to watch... it's definitely on Vuse in HD, think you can get it on Itunes in .mov as well

M

#6 Posted by Nutshredder (113 posts) - - Show Bio

If only Charleton Heston was alive...he'd make the perfect Ruler of Atlantis...

#7 Posted by phage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"phage says:
"Methos says:

so aquaman is not a real movie???"

nope, it was a TV pilot last year some time... done by the same people who did smallville... the main lead, AC, is played by the guy who does Green Arrow in Smallville (can't remember his name)

if you can get hold of it it's actually a really good pilot to watch... it's definitely on Vuse in HD, think you can get it on Itunes in .mov as well

M"

WOW they fool me i thought it was a real movie

#8 Posted by Nutshredder (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I don't get all the Aqua-hate. Is it because of the Superfriends? That cartoon was retarded, and you shouldn't hold the superheroes to their retard personalities...

#9 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman's a douche. 'Nuff said.

#10 Posted by phage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Nutshredder says:

"Personally, I don't get all the Aqua-hate. Is it because of the Superfriends? That cartoon was retarded, and you shouldn't hold the superheroes to their retard personalities..."

i think his dumb hero not because of superfriends, he just is

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

phage says:

"WOW they fool me i thought it was a real movie"

"Aquaman is a television pilot developed by Smallville creators Al Gough and Miles Millar for The WB Television Network, based on the DC Comics character Aquaman. Gough and Miller wrote the pilot, which was directed by Greg Beeman. Justin Hartley starred as Arthur "A.C." Curry, a young man living in a beachside community in the Florida Keys who learns about his powers and destiny as the Prince of Atlantis.

The Aquaman pilot was expected to debut in the fall of 2006, but following the merger of the WB and UPN, the resulting CW Network opted not to buy the series. After they passed on the pilot, it was made available online through iTunes in the United States and became the number-one most downloaded television show on iTunes. It received generally favorable reviews and was later released on other online markets, and aired on Canadian television network YTV."

"A.C. and his mother Atlanna are flying over the Bermuda Triangle. As they get closer, Atlanna's necklace begins to glow and a surge of light and energy erupts from the ocean, causing cyclones which bring their plane down. Atlanna is kidnapped by a siren, but not before giving A.C. her necklace and calling him Orin. Ten years later, A.C. is charged for releasing dolphins from a marine park. His father bails him out of trouble, but gives him a stern lecture on responsibility. Later, A.C. tells his friend Eva that he felt like the dolphins were calling to him. While he's working, he is approached by a lighthouse keeper who identifies himself as McCaffery. The Coast Guard picks up an unidentified man, floating in the Bermuda Triangle and pleading to warn Orin. Lt. Torres is sent to investigate the area. A.C. is also at the Triangle, and his necklace triggers another surge of light, which causes Torres to crash her jet. Brigman transports the John Doe to another facility, and persuades Torres to join his team. Brigman is looking for a connection between the disappearances of thousands of individuals, and their reappearance years later without ever aging a day.

That evening, A.C. meets Nadia and she convinces him to go swimming. In the water, Nadia reveals herself to not only be a Siren, but the one that took his mother. A.C. barely escapes with a little help from McCaffery. McCaffery explains that he, Arthur and Arthur's mother were all exiles from Atlantis, and that A.C. is the prince of Atlantis. Arthur convinces Eva to leave Tempest Key for a few days, but it comes too late as Nadia injures Eva and captures Arthur. When he wakes up, A.C. finds that Nadia has also captured McCaffery and she is bringing them both back to Atlantis to be executed. After breaking free, A.C. destroys Nadia by putting a spear through her head. The next morning, McCaffery explains that there will be more creatures that will come looking for A.C. and that he should have started his training years prior. A.C. agrees to start his training, and McCaffery leaves him with Henry IV Part 1 and Part 2 to read. McCaffery informs Arthur, who isn't too keen on having to read the books, "It isn't about the ending, it's about the journey."

Ideas for future episodes focused on environmental threats, such as "ocean polluters" and "evil oil companies." The first 13 episodes already planned out, with a possible story arc involving McCaffery being captured and taken back to Atlantis. Stories regarding mythology were set to play a small role in later episodes.[26] Gough and Millar chose to go with a more classic version, from the comics, of Aquaman's mythology. Gough stated, "Unlike Superman, there really isn’t a set core mythology for Arthur Currie. There are a couple different versions of it. We went with the most classic one."

http://www.aquamantv.com/

M

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

phage says:

"i think his dumb hero not because of superfriends, he just is"

Eternal Chaos says:

"Aquaman's a douche. 'Nuff said."

meh, i don't like him but i don't dislike him...

either way the pilot was awesome, i highly recommend downloading it :D

M

#13 Posted by Nutshredder (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I dunno. He's pretty rad, if you take time to learn the character and, like, read up on him and whatnot...

#14 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

phage says:

so why do you think that, Aquaman in the comics is kinda cool.

#15 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

to bad, it probably could of picked up like Smallville.

the fact that it has nothing to do with superman or batman would have been a good change from the normal live action stuff that DC has been coming out with lately.

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

watch the pilot... as i said, you can pick it up on Vuse or Itunes, probably otherplaces as well...

well worth watching, damn good special effects and a good plot line

M

#17 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"phage says:
Eternal Chaos says:
"Aquaman's a douche. 'Nuff said."
meh, i don't like him but i don't dislike him... either way the pilot was awesome, i highly recommend downloading it :D M "

I don't like him, because he's well, a loser.

#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"I don't like him, because he's well, a loser."

he's been with the JLA since year one... is the only person who can 'out gruff' Batman and controls more of this planet than all countries put together...

M
Post Edited:2007-10-03 20:33:12

#19 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

why because he can talk to and control fish?
Post Edited:2007-10-03 20:33:43
#20 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
why because he can talk to and control fish?
Post Edited:2007-10-03 20:33:43"

No. Because he's Aquadouche

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
he's been with the JLA since year one... is the only person who can 'out gruff' Batman and controls more of this planet than all countries put together... M
Post Edited:2007-10-03 20:33:12"

He's still a loser. lol. He's been around since year 1 but he's not a member of big 3? Says alot about him.

#21 Posted by Nutshredder (113 posts) - - Show Bio

He's cool because Lobo spared him, and even respects him.

#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"he's still a loser. lol. He's been around since year 1 but he's not a member of big 3? Says alot about him. "

so by your accounting... so Green Lantern, Flash and Martian Manhunter are all losers as well?

right...

M

#23 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"he's still a loser. lol. He's been around since year 1 but he's not a member of big 3? Says alot about him. "
so by your accounting... so Green Lantern, Flash and Martian Manhunter are all losers as well? right... M "

No. Green Lanterns kick ass. I hate Flash and Martian's ok. But Aquaman's well... Not DC's best idea exactly.

#24 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

he may not be DC's best idea... but i can't argue with the fact that he's been around for ages... that wouldn't happen if he wasn't such a stable character

M

#25 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"he may not be DC's best idea... but i can't argue with the fact that he's been around for ages... that wouldn't happen if he wasn't such a stable character M"

I think Aqua's just a testtube baby. He's DC's equal to Marvel's The Swordsman. Better off dead.

#26 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

meh... i don't read his stuff, but i don't have anything against the character

M

#27 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"meh... i don't read his stuff, but i don't have anything against the character M"

I don't have anything against him either. I just don't like him. lol.

#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

so it's an illogical hate...

fair enough

M

#29 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"I think Aqua's just a testtube baby. He's DC's equal to Marvel's The Swordsman. Better off dead."

the new swords man rocks, i love the story on how he got the leather for his swords.

#30 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"so it's an illogical hate... fair enough M"

yeah probably like most the superman hatters out there.

#31 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"so it's an illogical hate... fair enough M"

No, not hate. I just don't like him. I think he's a corny character.

#32 Posted by Heart of Infinity (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor pwns!!!!!

...oh $#!+ this is an aquaman thread.. run!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.