Aquaman : The end of an era ?

Posted by Hiddensix (44 posts) - - Show Bio

after more than 50 years of being called the lamest hero ever, Aquaman gained many fans due to the efforts of the allstar "Green Lantern" Team : Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis . however , since Reis has finally left the creative team . would the series still remain one of the best of the new 52 ?

P.S I Like Wood's work on Aquaman 14 but can Pelletier still make the series shine ?

state your opinions pls .

#1 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

Too early yo tell

#2 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The Geoff Johns Aquaman will go the way of the old Geoff Johns Hawkman and Booster Gold. The current version of Aquaman is still pretty useless compared to Superman.

#3 Posted by PowerHerc (81527 posts) - - Show Bio

Pelletier can do the job.

Aquaman will be alright as far a art goes.

#4 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5138 posts) - - Show Bio
@colonyofcells Who isn't useless compared to Supes, really? I'm hoping they can maintain the quality of this previous team because this book made me look at Aquaman differently.
#5 Posted by BlackWind (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman has been solid since the 90s with Peter David. The new 52 isn't making him cool, he already was.

#6 Posted by SmashBrawler (5490 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

Aquaman has been solid since the 90s with Peter David. The new 52 isn't making him cool, he already was.

YES, THANK YOU.

#7 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Aquaman is paired next to Batman & Superman, he's going to be a joke to the mainstream.

#8 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Who isn't useless compared to Supes, really?

#9 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc needs to allow Aquaman, Martian, Wonder Woman, and others a chance to beat Superman so other super heroes can shine also. Unfortunately, the origins tend to be very similar. Superman is from krypton, Aquaman from Atlantis, Martian from Mars, WW from Paradise Island. Dc needs to work harder to make each super hero useful and unique. Currently, WW is using greek mythology to differentiate with Superman. Aquaman and Atlantis need more revamps to be interesting. I would like to see Aquaman become as useful as Superman both in land and space. If Thor can be useful everywhere in the universe, I think Aquaman can also.

#10 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Pelletier is a great artist, so yeah, I think the book is in good hands.

#11 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is dc does not want to invest in Aquaman too much anymore. Aquaman don't have much future in tv or the movies. The Justice league movie probably won't have Aquaman.

#12 Posted by The_Tree (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@BlackWind said:

YES, THANK YOU.

High fives all around.

#13 Posted by BlackWind (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love Aquaman, he isn't a space guy. He works fine on land, so long as he isn't in a desert, really.

#14 Posted by Juandicimo_Magnifico45 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

Dc needs to allow Aquaman, Martian, Wonder Woman, and others a chance to beat Superman so other super heroes can shine also. Unfortunately, the origins tend to be very similar. Superman is from krypton, Aquaman from Atlantis, Martian from Mars, WW from Paradise Island. Dc needs to work harder to make each super hero useful and unique. Currently, WW is using greek mythology to differentiate with Superman. Aquaman and Atlantis need more revamps to be interesting. I would like to see Aquaman become as useful as Superman both in land and space. If Thor can be useful everywhere in the universe, I think Aquaman can also.

Are you saying that other DC heroes need to literally beat Superman in a fight... I sure hope not.

#15 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Pelletiers ok

#16 Edited by CrazyScarecrow (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@juandicimo_magnifico45: I don't see the problem in that. Superman may be the most powerful person in the DC, but other DC characters have different abilities they can use to defeat Supes. Batman: Being paranoid and planning a way to kill everyone of the JLA if they went rogue. Aquaman: Summoning a shark. Martian Manhunter: Using his abilities to pass through solid objects on Superman. He can just stick his hand through Superman. Wonder Woman: She has some of the gods on her side. Flash: Running around to create a tornado to go after Supes. Green Lantern: Using his ring to make a shield or fight against Supes. Captain Marvel: Magic. Spectre: Really?. Atom: Become small sneak into his ear and then become large of again. Shatter Superman's body. Sure it will be bloody, but hey a win for Ray Palmer. Hawkman: Going Hawkman on him. Green Arrow: Kryptinite arrow.

#17 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@juandicimo_magnifico45: I don't see the problem in that. Superman may be the most powerful person in the DC, but other DC characters have different abilities they can use to defeat Supes. Batman: Being paranoid and planning a way to kill everyone of the JLA if they went rogue. Aquaman: Summoning a shark. Martian Manhunter: Using his abilities to pass through solid objects on Superman. He can just stick his hand through Superman. Wonder Woman: She has some of the gods on her side. Flash: Running around to create a tornado to go after Supes. Green Lantern: Using his ring to make a shield or fight against Supes. Captain Marvel: Magic. Spectre: Really?. Atom: Become small sneak into his ear and then become large of again. Shatter Superman's body. Sure it will be bloody, but hey a win for Ray Palmer. Hawkman: Going Hawkman on him. Green Arrow: Kryptinite arrow.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.