Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4625 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Aquaman's Trident

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nj06

Since the reboot, I'm glad that Aquaman uses is trident as his standard weapon. While I never thought he needed a weapon to begin with, I am glad that he now uses one. I hope his trident sticks with him.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I was also a fan of Aquaman's harpoon days too. Seeing Aquaman with his trident I think also helps add to his royal status and heritage. I think its a worthy weapon for the King of Atlantis. I think it was mentioned to be able to absorb magic, but I wonder if it will be revealed to have any other properties or abilities in the future. I assume its indestructible/unbreakable as well.

Also, since it has 5 points, is it still really a trident? Shouldn't it be called a pentadent?

What are your thoughts on Aquaman's trident? Do you like it? Dislike it? Do you want him to keep it? Share your thoughts and ideas.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The resident will probably not be going anywhere. It seems to be stuck to him now. Which is just fine. I do wish they would quit skating around the question of what the hell it does!

Also the lower two blades aren't really ever used for attacking. I think they are just there to prevent it from looking too much like a boring ass pitch fork.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He should have used the Dead King's staff after that arc so he would have more amps. XD

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It is pretty badass.

Avatar image for the_judge_since_83
    The_Judge_since_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the reason for Aquaman's trident having the two additional prongs is to make it a more effective slashing weapon. Look at the pics from the original post and 2 out of 3 of them you can see that each prong begins at about the same point that last one ends and each one (especially the extra two) have bladed outsides so that if he were to swing it side to side it would almost act as a single cutting edge, almost like a big spear head, instead of being just a stabbing weapon as a trident most normally is. This allows for some more versatility with the weapon. I don't have the image myself but I'm pretty sure you can see Aquaman using the trident in this fashion in a fight with the trench on the pier before Mera and him head off to Dr. Shin's for answers. That's just the way I've always seen his trident though and I hope it continues to be a permanent part of Aquaman's personal equipment.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

He should have used the Dead King's staff after that arc so he would have more amps. XD

Him dual weilding the Trident and Sceptor and fighting someone would be bada$$

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think the reason for Aquaman's trident having the two additional prongs is to make it a more effective slashing weapon. Look at the pics from the original post and 2 out of 3 of them you can see that each prong begins at about the same point that last one ends and each one (especially the extra two) have bladed outsides so that if he were to swing it side to side it would almost act as a single cutting edge, almost like a big spear head, instead of being just a stabbing weapon as a trident most normally is. This allow for some more versatility with the weapon. I don't have the image myself but I'm pretty sure you can see Aquaman using the trident in this fashion in a fight with the trench on the pier before Mera and him head off to Dr. Shin's for answers. That's just the way I've always seen his trident though and I hope it continues to be a permanent part of Aquaman's personal equipment.

This.

The prongs make it a piercing/slashing weapon and offer better protection. The bottom of the Trident also functions as a bludgeoning weapon.

And also I can confirm he has used the Trident as a slashing weapon (think Great Axe / Halberd) during issues 2-3 of his current run.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@the_judge_since_83 said:

I think the reason for Aquaman's trident having the two additional prongs is to make it a more effective slashing weapon. Look at the pics from the original post and 2 out of 3 of them you can see that each prong begins at about the same point that last one ends and each one (especially the extra two) have bladed outsides so that if he were to swing it side to side it would almost act as a single cutting edge, almost like a big spear head, instead of being just a stabbing weapon as a trident most normally is. This allow for some more versatility with the weapon. I don't have the image myself but I'm pretty sure you can see Aquaman using the trident in this fashion in a fight with the trench on the pier before Mera and him head off to Dr. Shin's for answers. That's just the way I've always seen his trident though and I hope it continues to be a permanent part of Aquaman's personal equipment.

This.

The prongs make it a piercing/slashing weapon and offer better protection. The bottom of the Trident also functions as a bludgeoning weapon.

And also I can confirm he has used the Trident as a slashing weapon (think Great Axe / Halberd) during issues 2-3 of his current run.

yeah but it still makes it not a trident

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do like that it has become a mainstay for him. It provides for a great visual and really makes him that much more dangerous.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Da kings trident (tho 1 in all dose pics) is indestructible & has a magical ora but it nothing else while poseidon trident can shoot lighting create ice allows AM 2 fly via wind currents & teleport wen wet or in water

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.