Aquaman and that Darn Seahorse!

Posted by Entertainer13 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Aquaman. He's one of my top heroes for a lot of reasons, but none of them, none of them have anything to do with that stupid, Silver Age seahorse.

I hate the seahorse. How does that exactly look heroic? He swims faster than that stupid thing can, and here he is, riding on it (at least when he rode the jet ski on Superfriends, we knew it was to pick up chicks. You don't pick up chicks on a seahorse). What will a seahorse do in a fight? Tie something up with its tail? Yeah, right.

Ride a shark, stand atop a huge freaking wail, or a giant squid - but a seahorse? Because it has horse in its name? No way. Nuh uh.

I have two pictures below. The first one (a valentine) shows the seahorse he's usually riding.  That thing looks out of it, and just plain lame. I recently discovered that at least in his main filmation show, he rode a different looking seahorse.

Ignore Aqualad in the second picture (his seahorse looks like its on something). Look at Aquaman's seahorse. That thing is pissed off about something. Maybe because it realizes its a seahorse, and it realizes it wants to be a shark. This leads me to surmise that this seahorse is crazy angry all the time. I think its actually going to impale someone on the nubbed end of its tail. Think about that! That's a seahorse I can accept.

So please, for all of you out there who like the seahorse, please call for the angry, mad as hell, I'm going to eat your soul seahorse from Filmation. A MAN's seahorse. Or dare I say, an AQUAMAN'S seahorse.

#1 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio

The Seahorse is pissed because he has a a**hat riding on it's back, and using his powers to keep it at bay. It may actually impale both of them if it wasn't for Aquaman's powers. 

#2 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

yo dawgz dat seahorse be ballin cuz, why u hatin on dat seahorz bro? one day u gon be in da water and a seahorse gone bite u!!! 

but yeah if he rode a shark that'd be sweet as hell
#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13408 posts) - - Show Bio
@Entertainer13:
check out the last few issues of Final Crisis and youll be REALLY pissed lol
#4 Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the funnies things I've read in awhile!   I find seahorses kind of creepy.  Did you know that male seahorses give birth?
#5 Posted by AmazingWebHead (3451 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, I think you're forgetting that it's an inexplicably GIANT seahorse. If there are apparently giant seahorses swimming around in the DCU, I can believe that they can swim a hell of a lot faster than the average seahorse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.