Aquaman

#1 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so I don't particularly like Aquaman, but he seems to have a fairly reasonable fanbase, so my question is for all the Aquaman fans out there, 
Why does Aquaman appeal to you?

#2 Posted by ThunderShade (137 posts) - - Show Bio

To me hes an example of a man who overcomes tragedy (the death of his son, loss of his hand, death of his best friend etc) instead of letting it overcome him. That and hes not as campy as first impressions would have you believe. Unless its his really early stuff.

#3 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

He's badass. And he has a trident.

#4 Posted by ThunderShade (137 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" He's badass. And he has a trident. "
That too. Smiles!!!
#5 Posted by beatboks1 (7237 posts) - - Show Bio

For me his stories have always had that something extra. Almost every other character you know what sort of tale your getting every time before you buy the title. With Superman is strong feats battle action, Batman detective etc. AQ could be the diplomat the king, the loner. He could have normal super hero vs villain action or could be just quelling a coup. He might be battling in the ocean with his powers or in a desert with his wits.

#6 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

he's blonde,

#7 Posted by longbowhunter (7101 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice:
Is your avatar Daredevil beating on Green Arrow?
#8 Posted by longbowhunter (7101 posts) - - Show Bio

Breathing underwater, telepathic communication with sea life, and I dig his orange and green duds. Thats right I like Aquaman for the reasons most people dont. Also Mera is really kick ass too.
#9 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:
" he's blonde, "
And he has a big trident. :P
#10 Posted by MrDirector786 (43564 posts) - - Show Bio

He's awesome. If it wasn't for that stupid Superfriends show making him look gay, he'd be much more popular.

#11 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio
@longbowhunter: Yes it is, don't take offense it's just fan art.
#12 Posted by longbowhunter (7101 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice:
Thumbs up!!
#13 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" he's blonde, "
And he has a big trident. :P "
that helps too :P
#14 Edited by megaman.exe (59 posts) - - Show Bio

i to think ppl never give him any credit. they all think he can just talk to fish, swim fast, and just save whales. he also has super human  strength, senses, durability, speed, and endurance. i though he was weak till i did some research on him for school  and i plan on reading his books.

#15 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

This
#16 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate it when TV shows and people rag on him! I mean first of all he is the King of  3/4 OF THE WORLD!!! He has great fighting skill on land so water isn't his only battlefield. He's smart and I love the mythology behind him and his people. I am more into the history of heroes that anything else anyway so it's great! ;-)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.