Aquaman #19 Preview

#1 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

So far, Geoff Johns and Paul Pelletier have re-introduced quite a few familiar faces and even bringing about new characters into the New 52 Aquaman series. With only one more issue until John Ostrander (writer) and the collaboration of artists Manuel Gracia and Sandra Hope take over to write an issue, Johns and Pelletier have preceded to go further into evolving the Aqua world as Topo makes his first appearances back! If you were one of those people saying they wished to see Topo, Aquaman's pet octopus appear in the New 52 series, well here it is. Your wish has been granted, and so is mine! In the upcoming Aquaman issue, Topo will be making a re-appearance with a new badass design. Here is a preview of what is to come in Aquaman #19.

All scans brought to you by IGN.

Pretty cool, huh?! As you can see by the cover, is Aquaman no longer going to be a king of Atlantis and will he be overthrown of his authority? What do you guys make of this?

Who else do you want to see make an appearance in the New 52 series?

#2 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie @jwalser3 @lone_wolf_and_cub @bladewolf @matchesmalone21 @sethysquare: @blackwind: @comicfan11: @k4tzm4n @powerherc @dondave @theacidskull @yung_ancient_one @stormbox @sunman @sinestro_gl @veshark @joygirl @squalleon @gungunw @soa @z3ro180 @danial79 @avenging_x_bolt @thegoldenone and all the other viners actively using the forums, Check out a little preview of what's coming for Aquaman #19! Just something to get your tails wagging. Little spoiler, but nothing to keep you from picking up the issue though.

#3 Posted by SmashBrawler (5955 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa. Topo grew a pair.

#4 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler said:

Whoa. Topo grew a pair.

He's a beast now, huh?!

#5 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t like Aquaman's oceanic hellspider.

#6 Edited by Black_Claw (3009 posts) - - Show Bio

Topo has definitely taken a level in badass.

#7 Posted by Squalleon (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

Pelletier's art is gorgeous in this book!

#8 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8238 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material:

Thanks for the little teaser.

Aquaman #18 was the first DC issue I had ever bought. And I loved it!

I'm really looking forward to this one!

#9 Posted by PowerHerc (85081 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks cool. Aquaman and Mera are two of the best characters in comics currently.

#10 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

This looks cool. Aquaman and Mera are two of the best characters in comics currently.

Yea I agree. One of the most coolest superhero (Aquaman) and sexiest female character (Mera) in the DCU for sure.

#11 Edited by Z3RO180 (6621 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks I guess

#12 Edited by jwalser3 (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

I must get my own Topo. So cute!

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

wow....

#14 Posted by BlackWind (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally someone decides to get creative. Not scared of sharks, hmm? Well guess what, Arthur's friends with Lovecraftian sea monsters the size of skyscrapers.

#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Hey, man, I'm just gonna switch this to the Aquaman forum. The Comic Book Preview forum is for the officially posted previews by staff only.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.