Aquaman #12

#1 Edited by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Daaamn that was a good issue.

SPOILERS

First thing i want to bring up is, Manta says that the scepter is the key to Arthurs past and his destruction. By past do you guys think he just meant Atlantis? And why is this weapon the "key" to destroying him and everyone he loves... Second.. How awesome is that freaking scepter? i hope AM takes it for himself.

#2 Edited by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

My favourite part of the issue was Mera swimming faster than Aquaman and leaping all the way up to the plane. That was just awesome! :)

Anyway, I don't think Aquaman would take the scepter. The trident is part of his branding. Someone mentioned once that Mera is holding the scepter in one of the Trinity War promo images. I'll see if I can track it down...

EDIT: Never mind. I found the image, but she's holding some other form of weapon... and getting punched by Wonder Woman:

#3 Edited by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: Yeah that was awesome. i love it when she answers operative with "Faster"

Ahh yeah i forgot about this picture, so i guess he doesnt get the scepter. He probably will end up destroying it because its too powerful. Still i hope to see more from the Trident. Whats up with the way Vostok died..? Did the scepter zap him or something?! Now we have to wait 2 months to finish "the others" -___-

Dude.. Did you read Justice league #12??

#4 Posted by EmperorAC (7 posts) - - Show Bio

great issue suck that we gotta wait two months to get the end of the arc

#5 Posted by EmperorAC (7 posts) - - Show Bio

at the end of justice league 12 it seems that aquaman and atlantis will be taking on the league

#6 Posted by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@EmperorAC said:

at the end of justice league 12 it seems that aquaman and atlantis will be taking on the league

Dude that panel was freaking awesome.

#7 Posted by EmperorAC (7 posts) - - Show Bio

yea for sure cant wait for that

#8 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGraySon said:

@EmperorAC said:

Dude that panel was freaking awesome.

Haven't read it yet, but now I can't wait to. Sounds awesome.

#9 Posted by EmperorAC (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGraySon:

Do you think aquaman would make a better leader for the justice league then batman.

#10 Posted by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@EmperorAC: I kind of do. Like Aquaman said in issue 12.. Batman is the best strategist on the team no doubt, but hes obviously not a people person. Idk if you noticed but Arthur is always solving disputes between members, Flash tries too. I think they should defer to Batman strategy wise, but Aquaman would be a better leader. I think thats what this whole Atlantis vs JL thing will be about, Batman pissing off Aquaman. I cant wait for this trinity war thing either. I wonder whos going to get grouped together.

#11 Posted by EmperorAC (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGraySon:

Totally agree

#12 Posted by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump... Is no one else shocked/amazed that AM is going to lead atlantis into a war?! No more speculations about the scepter or Arthurs trident?

#13 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGraySon: If there were any reason I'd be against Aquaman leading the Justice League, it's that I feel he'd put Atlantis ahead of the rest of the world, whereas Batman is arguably a bit more neutral/grounded. Granted, he was raised on land for most of his life, but he seems to have left behind that part of his life.

While on the subject of Justice League developments and Aquaman, I was glad that he was actually allowed to do something in the most recent issue (arguably being the most effective in taking down Graves), on account of the fact that he has pretty much been stuck in the background with Superman since the first arc of the series.

#14 Posted by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCommissar: Maybe with Hal gone the characters will get more focus. Flash and Cyborg arent getting much attention either.

#15 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

That's always the problem with team books. There's always someone's favourite character not getting enough "screen time".

#16 Posted by SupBatz (1749 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILERS

Aquaman 12 was pretty great. I wish that the death at the end of the issue had been done better though. I liked the little I saw of the character a lot but didn't feel we were made to care about his passing as much as we could've been. Rather than a genuine character moment it felt more like a plot device to get Arthur ready to kill Manta.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (14902 posts) - - Show Bio

The Aquaman book has been top notch and I love it and I would love to see what is coming next for Arthur.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.