Aquaman #0

#1 Posted by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhh.. Anyone else a little disappointed?

#2 Posted by LeeSensei (385 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are you disappointed?

#3 Posted by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeeSensei: Only one scan of Atlantis.. the rest was just him talking to Vulko about a tale we already knew..

#4 Posted by LeeSensei (385 posts) - - Show Bio

^Oh... well that really, really sucks.

#5 Edited by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I was too. There was a little bit of new info about his mother and brother, but overall it was a very light issue. I read it on Comixology and gave it 3 stars once I'd finished.

I didn't feel that Atlantis was particularly grandiose either:

#6 Posted by LeeSensei (385 posts) - - Show Bio

^What I think makes it even worse, is the fact that... they're probably not going to follow up on that next issue. Instead, we're going to go back to Black Manta vs Aquaman. So they dropped this Atlantis Origin story right in before the climax of another story... and imo... this issue is less interesting to me than the Manta arc. All it did was break the momentum from the previous issue.

It's not terrible... but I'd say it's the weakest of this series so far.

#7 Posted by TheGraySon (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: My thoughts exactly. I expected Atlantis to be glowing with Atlanteans everywhere. Im guess it looked grim because Ocean Master is ruling at that point in time.

#8 Posted by cameron83 (7531 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGraySon said:

@Danial79: My thoughts exactly. I expected Atlantis to be glowing with Atlanteans everywhere. Im guess it looked grim because Ocean Master is ruling at that point in time.

I think that is exactly why.I could tell you why i say this,but cannot right now,if you don't want to.

#9 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@TheGraySon said:

I think that is exactly why.I could tell you why i say this,but cannot right now,if you don't want to.

Do you have some insider knowledge? :)

#10 Posted by Zereta (78 posts) - - Show Bio

With the upcoming Ocean Master arc, we'll be seeing a lot more of Atlantis probably.

#11 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8991 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGraySon: @Danial79: This is just a portion of Atlantis,I belive that Atlantis is still splited in five cities.. C'mon guy is just a glimpse and you remember the end of issue 4,where is showed a sunk Golden Atlantis? It's possible that is a atlantean colony,not the real one or small city

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.