Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

2 Aquamans?

Ikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ikari

I don't know much about the character, but are there 2 Arthur Joseph Curry's? Did the first one die, because he was visible in Blackest Night.

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Far as I know, the O.G. Aquaman (Arthur Curry) died and became a water elemental. Then he was replaced by a new guy? So yeah, my info's pretty limited, too. I know that Arthur becomes a Black Lantern in "Blackest Night", though...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The real Aquaman died during the events of One Year Later, that weak-@ss replacement with the sword "replaced" him while the real Aquaman was a squid-like creature. Real Aquaman died during the end of the "Sword of Atlantis" run and the other one I believe just disappeared. The Black Lantern Aquaman is the true Aquaman.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

the original Aquaman is dead, I don't know how he died or anything like that but during Final Crisis on of the othe 52 other Aquamen from the multiverse came to New Earth to help protect Atlantis then left....the original is coming back as a Black Lantern

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

When I say died during one year later, I meant he died in the missing year

Ikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ikari

Arthur Jospeh Curry? That's just the same as replacing Clark Kent with Clark John Kent! :s

glrayner85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By glrayner85

Yea That new AquaMan lite Was Retarted, And The stories Were so lame. I Was expecting alot more from the series because they finally gave aquaman some creibility with the whole sinking of san deigo, that was a cool story line. he was finally needed again and after infinite crisis he was needed but gone as the dweller.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.