guardiandevil801's Aquaman #1 - The Trench, Part One review

Aquaman Rocks!!!!

I had to check out Aquaman and he is awesome. In this issue we see him fight some criminals, gets lunch, and chooses to saty on land, but in the ocean something is coming. This issue was incredible and shows a better Aquaman because he's been in jokes and not called a superhero, but now he is incredible because he gets the job done, has cool powers and wants to be land to help people. The issue also shows some of his past and shows his beautiful wife Mera. Overall this is a great comic and fans SHOULD read this because Aquaman is awesome, shows his past and shows Aquaman is a superhero and not to be made fun of. I'm giving a 5/5 and fans NEED to get this!

Posted by AirDave817

I really enjoyed how Johns and Reis made the rounds to make this a really balance book: action, comedy, romance, drama, suspense. It really was a good first issue.

Other reviews for Aquaman #1 - The Trench, Part One

This Ain't Your Daddy's Aquaman 0

A high bar has been set with the first issue of the New 52 Aquaman series. This book, although not perfect by any means, is a great jumping off point for this iteration of Aquaman. It is satisfying to see a character that gets given such a hard time finally get some respect, and for good reason. The book is a great blend of action and narrative, and never takes itself too seriously. Actually, in my opinion one of the best aspects of the book is how Aquaman is treated as a joke by many of the sup...

A Bit Heavy Handed 0

I'm not a huge fan of DC, beyond the Flash series, but this series had gotten so much praise that I thought I'd check it out. And, while it is good, this issue feels incredibly heavy-handed with the point it's trying to make, something that I've seen in much of the New 52.I understand that Aquaman has been under appreciated for years as a character, and it's an interesting idea to make that the focal point of this story, but, for the most part, you're telling us stuff we already know. Meanwhile,...