Follow

Jackson Hyde

Character » Jackson Hyde appears in 214 issues.

Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm is the son of the infamous villain Black Manta, Aquaman's nemesis. With his Xebel-born mother's hydrokinetic abilities and Atlantean physiology, he fights for justice as a member of the Teen Titans, Young Justice and along with his mentor, Aquaman.

Which kind of Aqualad would you like in the New 52?

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnnyGat

Now the thing is we haven't seen any of the Aqualads and Aquagirls in the New 52 and given my enjoyment of the Young Justice series I'd like to focus on Blaqualad. My question which Aqualad do you want to see in the New 52 someone like Jackson Hyde who is learns his powers suddenly and is in a state of "I didn't ask for this" mentality or would you like to stick it with the calm cool Young Justice Aqualad Kaldur.

Avatar image for garrettsgonewild
    garrettsgonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By garrettsgonewild

I am hoping to see Garth but I would love to see Jackson Hyde as well. Maybe, one or all of them will appear in Aquaman was part of an arc or something. Also, hopefully we will see something in TT or the Outlaws? but in my opinion I would want Tempest to be in the Outlaws and if anything Jackson would debut in Aquaman then in TT?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

I'd like to see Jackson in his "I didn't ask for this" mentality. Then through further training and working with Aquaman, he becomes a bit more cool and collected like YJ Aqualad.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@The_Tree said:

I'd like to see Jackson in his "I didn't ask for this" mentality. Then through further training and working with Aqualad, he becomes a bit more cool and collected like YJ Aqualad.

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dhor

Tempest in the Outlaws sounds sick. lets hope it happens

Avatar image for garrettsgonewild
    garrettsgonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By garrettsgonewild

Yeah I think it would be perfect if Garth was in the Outlaws but it would've been cooler if Kenneth Rocaforth drew him as well but oh well. I was also hoping the Outlaws would become like an edgy TT team with the majority of the older TT characters possibly originals with a more dark and modernized feel.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @The_Tree said:

I'd like to see Jackson in his "I didn't ask for this" mentality. Then through further training and working with Aquaman, he becomes a bit more cool and collected like YJ Aqualad.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Superdork

Jackson. Period.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmashBrawler

@The_Tree said:

red_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By red_titan

i wanna see Jackson, because DC said, at the very beginning of the new 52, that it would be a good jumping on point for new readers (aka "those young whippersnappers") to start at. so intertwining the comics and the show is just like common sense.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlackWind

I wouldn't mind both. However, I'd prefer tge Young Justice version of Kaldur'ahm. Jackson Hyde, first of all, the name just doesn't hit me. And from a visual perspective, he looks far too much like Static. YJ is doing Kaldur right.

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Alch21

@The_Tree said:

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tahmidk

garth all the way

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SUNMAN

Jackson/Kaldur period from me. After watching Young Justice I can't really see any other Aqualad that is cool.

He's one of the few characters I really like on that show that isn't a villain

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BlackWind

First of all, I'd like Garth to go straight to Tempest. Orm reveals he is a kid at the moment so if he takes the Aqualad title, we'll be waiting forever to get Kaldur, hence just go straight to Tempest.

I wouldn't mind if Kaldur is a young Atlantean soldier who isn't hateful to Arthur and becomes his Aqualad. But, that may make him older than Garth.

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mojo65

@BlackWind: This pretty much. Though I worry that they might just make Garth a plot device if he's too young to be any sort of hero.

Also Lorena needs to come back, i'll be pissed if they shaft her for Tula, I mean I like Tula but she was dead for 20 years before the reboot. They can both be around, just gotta give one of them a new supername.

Hell they can even bring Koryak and Lagoon Boy in, I actually kinda want a sprawling Aquafamily

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By SoA

garth but really just for the powerset , mera has hydrokinesis so having two people on the same "team" would be pretty boring . so kaldur character but garth's power set , i think that is a fair compromise

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Twentyfive

Dunno where Garth's been since the start. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back. Either or really.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By colonyofcells

Young Justice cartoon aqualad is a lot more interesting so I prefer to just use Garth as a supporting character.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BlackWind

@SoA: If they go the YJ route, Kaldur has a completely difference fighting style than Mera. But I do agree, the powers of Tempest were a unique upgrade.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i would like to see YJ Kaldur in the new 52.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.