Aqualad in the New 52 ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey has Aqualad made it to the New 52 yet ?

#2 Posted by etamogrey77 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

nope but hes supposed to be in teen titans by issue 12 i think

#3 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

@etamogrey77: Teen Titans issue 12... Well lets hope so because I think Aqualad is awesome.

#4 Posted by garrettsgonewild (75 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope Aqualad debuts soon and I don't really mind which one at this point or aquagirl at least

#5 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure Lobdell said he wouldn't be in Teen Titans because another writer was going to use him for their book.

I guess he'll show up in Aquaman but I would like to see him join the Teen Titans.

#6 Posted by garrettsgonewild (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Geoff Johns said that he has plans for him and wanted to introduce the "Aqualads/girls" himself in Aquaman! Mainly because he wanted to write his own version of their origins and etc. but I'm perfectly fine with him debuting these characters and hopefully adding them into TT but I just want that to be soon! haha

#7 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, but could possibly be establish sometime in the future.

#8 Posted by Teerack (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

Arsenal mentioned Garth in the first issue of Reedhood and the outlaws, and it made it sound like he was part of a version of the teen titians back in the day.

#9 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF. Why has not Jackson showed up again yet?

#10 Posted by Mojo65 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: DC can't keep a plan straight, he was supposed to show up in TT till Johns said he wanted him in Aquaman but then those plans have fallen through for now and apparently no plan anymore in the horizon for a while according to Harris. He'll turn up again eventually though I Think.

#11 Posted by noj (1081 posts) - - Show Bio

It is to bad he hasnt shown up yet but I have a feeling we will be seeing an Aqualad before next year. Aquaman is at a point in his life where he is pretty alone with barely any allies on the surface and probably no allies in Atlantis. I think an Aqualad will change that. Garth was recently mentioned in the Throne of Atlantis story arc and the fact that Geoff Johns wanted Kaldur set aside definatley means something. Im just wondering if Kaldur will be closer to his Young Justice character or his previous comic incarnation.

#12 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

really a shame we haven't seen him yet. Teen heroes are really hurting in the DC Universe right now

#13 Posted by BlackWind (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

It is to bad he hasnt shown up yet but I have a feeling we will be seeing an Aqualad before next year. Aquaman is at a point in his life where he is pretty alone with barely any allies on the surface and probably no allies in Atlantis. I think an Aqualad will change that. Garth was recently mentioned in the Throne of Atlantis story arc and the fact that Geoff Johns wanted Kaldur set aside definatley means something. Im just wondering if Kaldur will be closer to his Young Justice character or his previous comic incarnation.

Exactly. Making a thread on this, thanks for the idea.

#14 Posted by Justthatkid (3483 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.