Batman Beyond and Aquagirl as a couple?

#1 Posted by Kairan1979 (16745 posts) - - Show Bio

If you saw Batman Beyond episode "The Call", you could notice that Aquagirl is the only member of Justice League who doesn't treat Terry McGinnis with hostility. Later he saved her life.
In Superman Beyond #0, when Batman refused to join the League, Aquagirl says "Maybe I should visit Neo-Gotham and make a personal appeal".
Do you think it's a hint that she is interested in him?

#2 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979: I think there's a flirtation there but Terry already has some great romance options in his personal life. That's actually one of the things I like about Terry.
#3 Edited by JWStephens (1 posts) - - Show Bio

There seems to be some hints at some kind of interest between the two, and the Batman Beyond episode shows that Terry is closer to Aquagirl than anyone else on the Justice League team

#4 Posted by Romthelegionaire (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquagirl and Warhawk are already seeing each other so I don't think there is a chance of Terry going with Mareena in the future for right now. That could eventually change though because as it is hinted in the comics as well as the Batman Beyond cartoon that Mareena does like Terry and Terry is attracted to her. Bruce even comments on Terry's attraction to Aquagirl in one of the issues of Batman Beyond vol. 4.

#5 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquagirl and Warhawk are already seeing each other so I don't think there is a chance of Terry going with Mareena in the future for right now.

Was this a recent issue?

#6 Posted by Romthelegionaire (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Yeah the issues came out last year. In the first Justice League Beyond comic series, the beginning of Aquagirl and Warhawk's relationship was shown in JLB issue 10 "Beyond Origins: Aquagirl". Aquagirl leaves Atlantis to live on the surface world and join Warhawk in the Justice League. Since joining the League, Mareena and Warhawk have sort have been an unofficial couple.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.