What exactly are Apocalypse's innate mutant powers?

#1 Edited by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently many of Apocalypse's powers are powers that he was not born with and those powers came from his Celestial technology.

Also, on an irrelevant note, how long, in total, has Exodus been out of the prison that Apocalypse put him in? Is it 100 years or?                         %Pr
#2 Posted by Handcannon (542 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks:

Matter absorption / mimicry l guess 

similar to the Absorbing Man [Crusher Creel]
#3 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
i thought his original power was size alteration, minor shape shifting and regeneration with durability and strength

#4 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: Interesting. That is it?
#5 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio

Boost. 

#6 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @castleking: Interesting. That is it? "
pretty much unless someone wants to correct me. even those abilities he had were minor and wouldnt help him in the least against most modern mutants.
#7 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: 
Also, on an irrelevant note, how long, in total, has Exodus been out of the prison that Apocalypse put him in? Is it 100 years or?    
#8 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @castleking:  Also, on an irrelevant note, how long, in total, has Exodus been out of the prison that Apocalypse put him in? Is it 100 years or?     "
i have no clue.
#9 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: Apocalypse is lucky that he has his Celestian technology, otherwise lots of other mutants would be easily defeating him. So much for the "Survival of the Fittest."
#10 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio

Boost. 

#11 Posted by The Incredible Huck (155 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Marvel.com: 
"Apocalypse claims to have control of his body on the molecular level-- allowing him to shape change and elongate with virtually unlimited range, to increase density and allow his body to mimic metals and armors, to teleport, and to be virtually immune to the effects of age. Apocalypse can also increase his strength to levels surpassing that of the Hulk, grow to giant sizes, and gain the power of flight, sometimes through turning his arms into wings or jets. Apocalypse can also transform himself into a variety of human disguises.    
He has exhibited energy absorbing and projecting abilities in the past. Apocalypse has been termed an "External," due to his mutant ability of immortality. Briefly, Apocalypse has shown potential to be a powerful psionic."  

In short; controling his own body down to the molecular level he is basically able to do/ mimic anything. If he sees a power he likes he can just alter his molecular structure to allow his body to copy it.  

#12 Posted by The Incredible Huck (155 posts) - - Show Bio

After rereading that post, I think Marvel.com meant to say "Apocalypse has been termed an "Eternal"" not "External". The Eternals are the ones who speak with/ were created by the Celestials, also where Apoc probably got his technology. Whereas the EXternals are Gambits gang of mutants, having little to nothing to do with Apocalypse or Celestial technology. Just wanted to clear that up...
#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24702 posts) - - Show Bio

externals are also immortal mutants cannonball has been called an external before

#14 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Apoc's original powers were strength, durability and longevity. He didn't really show any other powers in his origin until he found the Celestial Ship and got infected with the T-O virus, that's how he can shapeshift and such.

And yeah Externals were nearly immortal mutants like Candra, Saul, Gideon, Selene and such.

#15 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: Why is is that Apocalypse has no trouble with the TO virus, but Cable does?
#16 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Incredible Huck said:
" After rereading that post, I think Marvel.com meant to say "Apocalypse has been termed an "Eternal"" not "External". The Eternals are the ones who speak with/ were created by the Celestials, also where Apoc probably got his technology. Whereas the EXternals are Gambits gang of mutants, having little to nothing to do with Apocalypse or Celestial technology. Just wanted to clear that up... "
the Externals are actually of a group of (now-dead) immortals, ironic isn't it? but yeah, Apocalypse was an unofficial "External" except Selene didn't approve of such an affiliation because she claims all his immortality comes from the technology...but you know with all those immortal characters in Marvel it's always "claim this", "claim that", nothing is ever written in stone
#17 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: Apocalypse is telepathically immortal, no?
#18 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks: The technology of his ship helped him control it I'd say.
#19 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: Was En Sabah Nur born with that armor? Is that armor a part of his body? Probably from Celestial Technology, right?
#20 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I remember he was born grey skinned and had the blue lips thing so his tribe abandoned him to the desert. It wasn't until years later after he defeated Rama-Tut (aka Kang the Conqueror before he was Kang the Conqueror) he got access to advanced technology. Then many years later (still alive because of his longevity and possibly some of Rama-Tut's technology) he found the Celestial Ship and was able to gain access because he was a mutant but he couldn't conceive of what he could do with it. He continued to start wars and lead armies feeling that the strongest would survive but it was then that he fought Cable and became infected with the T-O virus. It was the T-O Virus that allowed him to communicate with the Ship and really use it to enhance himself and others, so really its all Cable's fault. Though really its Reed Richards and Dr. Doom cuz without them there wouldn't have been a Kang/Rama-Tut and there wouldn't be an Apocalypse and there wouldn't be a Sinister and maybe there wouldn't be a Summers or Grey family...possibly....My brain hurts.

This is what he originally looked like before T-O virus
#21 Edited by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: How did Apocalypse get the TO virus while battling Cable? Why wasn't Apocalypse able to heal from it? Cable does not have a healing factor.
#22 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks: Cable went back in time to try to kill Apocalypse and some of Cable's blood ended up infecting Apoc. I guess either the virus is stronger than Apoc's healing factor, his healing factor made the T-O Virus work for him or the fact that it was advantageous to him by helping him communicate with the Celestial Ship he kept it and controlled it.
#23 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: I see. So the TO virus is much more of a problem for Cable than it is for Apocalypse? For Apocalypse it is just a small nuisance?             %Pr
#24 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks: Yeah probably thanks to his body's resilliance and healing factor and the face that he's got future technology and a Celestial Ship to help control it.
#25 Posted by blackkitty (352 posts) - - Show Bio

His mutant ability is molecular control of his own body which allows him to increase his size, stretch, etc. Pretty much any kind of modification he can make to his own physical form. 

No, he was not born with the armor. In fact, he was discarded as a child because of his skin color. He found technology left behind by Kang, aka Rama Tut and learned to use them to craft the armor, extend his life, etc.

#26 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackkitty: I see. So Apocalypse does not have a healing factor, but he has complete control of his body on the cellular and molecular level, making him able to heal from any attack?
#27 Posted by Torrent (49 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking:  His super power is making evil dabolical quotes within less than 3 seconds of his powers seriously manifesting.  Who says that?
#28 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Torrent: lol
#29 Posted by blackkitty (352 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks: Yes, according to the marvel universe entry. His ability to stretch, grow, shape his fists, etc. He may be able to heal by controlling the molecules, but largely uses his technology to heal him. He has energy absorbing abilities, but it's hinted those are aspects of his armor.
#30 Posted by gobstakid777 (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

his man ability is atomic shapeshifting, which in turn gives him his strentgh, durability, etc.

#31 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackkitty: Oh, I see. I thought that Apocalypse can heal because he has control of his body on the cellular and molecular level.  So, Apocalypse does not heal like Wolverine, right?
#32 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: So Apocalypse basically was naturally and innately born mutant Hulk then, right?
#33 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks: Nah kinda more like what the other people said. He can control his molecular structure but in the early days he didn't really understand it so it essentially made him strong and dense and such.
#34 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: Yeah so basically Apocalypse is a Hulk who has complete control over his body on the cellular and molecular level.  I am talking about the natural mutant powers that he was born with. 
#35 Posted by cracks (6625 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: 
Yeah so basically Apocalypse is a Hulk who has complete control over his body on the cellular and molecular level.  I am talking about the natural mutant powers that he was born with.
#36 Posted by gui22 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse has improved physical abilities,he also has a healing factor and the power of shapeshifting,however this is not change is look but instantly he is able to tranform is arms in powerful weapons

#37 Posted by Mr Golden Rod (140 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Incredible Huck: Since Apocalypse is the first mutant ever born, is that the reason for him being able to get any power he wants?
#38 Posted by Hyperlight (6580 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.