The Idiocy that is....Genesis

Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

En Sabah Nur, the invincible one, he can never die, Mr. Bluelips, the REALLY ANGRY guy! It's bad enough that he was written as a complete non issue regardless of his formidable powers, moveset and backstory. But the final straw was most definetly his reincarnation.

Evan Sabahnur, the not-so-invincible one, the nerd who can never lie, Mr. Lonely. I hate him. Why do I hate him, because he's the poor mans replacement for the best mutant of all time. It's not bad enough that he's a clone of Apocalypse, he's a clone of the reincarnation of Apocalypse. That is the dumbest thing I have ever read (except Twilight) What is the point of reincarnating Apoc if some A-hole X-man is going to shoot a child in the head only panels after he is introduced? Why not have the damn Reincarnation be Evan? This is why X men comics disappoint me now.

Another Thing..... En Sabah Nur was an Egyptian, meaning he had a naturally low haircut, and other African features that I have no real idea about. So why does he look like some puke from Nebraska?

What I'm also disgruntled towards is the Artwork. I might be alone here, but recent X-artwork is freaking atrocious! It's depressing, boring and poorly drawn. I want something interesting to look at not some emo picture that looks like someone wet their paintbrush with tears.

Another thing...why is Evan so far being treated like a joke? We're talking about the (clone of the) Reincarnation of APOCALYPSE of all people! I need some kind of epic tale encompassing his moral choices. I don't want to wait 3 frickin' years for Evan to do ANYTHING of vague importance to the Marvel Universe or for Apoc to return. Please Marvel, make my suffering bearable.

What I THINK Marvel should do, is they should give Genesis his own comic series. All about how he's going to avoid becoming the most powerful mutant Villain in the world. Instead of having him as some side character. Evan clearly deserves a big spot since he's the clone of the Reincarnation of Apoc. Give Genesis his own Ongoing, get a decent writer, get someone who can actually freaking draw and make a decent series. If they can do that I'll be able to forgive Marvel for getting rid of the most Underappreciated Villain they have.

Anyway, I think that's all my rage..... Comments and Concerns please.

#1 Posted by cattlebattle (13000 posts) - - Show Bio

I approve of this post....

The X-Men and all related characters have been so ridiculously written and have so many inconsistencies these days, it pretty much just proves Marvel doesn't care any more...they just want your money....except Bendis...he cares....about Bendis

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24945 posts) - - Show Bio

one thing, there is no such thing as a natural hair cut. And didn't Kid Apoc get shot in the head a while back

#3 Posted by Renchamp (2626 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I was concerned that your rage was too much. Then I realized that you've read Twilight. Rage on.

As to the content, I'd like to think that Remender has some sway in how the character should be framed and that the story of Evan is going to be very interesting, if not immediately epic. Then again, Remender doesn't write his own paychecks.

#4 Edited by BlackArmor (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

while I don't agree that Apocalypse is the greatest mutant ever I do agree with basically everything else, great rant

#5 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... I want to just let you know that this is fictional so no breakdowns over a reincarnated reincarnation! Second, Give the kid some time to evolve eventually he'll get killed, but somehow survive and get taken in by Ozymandi-whatever and bred to his fullest. He then attacks the school, kills some useless students (Ernst and Greymalkin) and then get killed by the combined efforts of the X-Men and his ex-peers!!

#6 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Genesis.

#7 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse is too big a threat to be regularly featured. Genesis allows them to explore the nature/nurture aspect in the same way they did previously with Cable/Stryfe/XMan, except directly with the greatest threat mutants have ever known. How is that not interesting?

#8 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Like I said, I don't want to wait three years for a single cool thing to happen concerning this little f@^k.

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

I like Genesis.
#10 Edited by Dernman (15250 posts) - - Show Bio

I rather have Apocalypse back with Genesis as his heir along side Genocide.

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I rather have Apocalypse back with Genesis as his heir along side Genocide.

How did I know you'd say something like that.

#12 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I'd love to see Apoc as a good guy, the same way I'd LOVE to see Ultron again. But the way they're pulling it off is stupid. I want Apoc as a good guy , NOT Genesis.

#13 Posted by Dernman (15250 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Dernman said:

I rather have Apocalypse back with Genesis as his heir along side Genocide.

How did I know you'd say something like that.

Because you recognize good ideas even though you don't share them. :p 
You also realize that I always come up with good ones. 
#14 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Herokiller12344 said:

@fodigg: Like I said, I don't want to wait three years for a single cool thing to happen concerning this little f@^k.

But the "cool thing" you're talking about isn't the point of the character. The point is his struggle with destiny, and that's happening right now. If you're not into that, fine, but some of us find the struggle pretty interesting. Also, he's had some "cool things" so far I'd say, including his "don't insult Kansas" beatdown.

#15 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

@Herokiller12344 said:

Honestly, I'd love to see Apoc as a good guy, the same way I'd LOVE to see Ultron again. But the way they're pulling it off is stupid. I want Apoc as a good guy , NOT Genesis.

Apocalypse can't and shouldn't be the good guy. Genesis can.

#16 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Apocalypse is too big a threat to be regularly featured. Genesis allows them to explore the nature/nurture aspect in the same way they did previously with Cable/Stryfe/XMan, except directly with the greatest threat mutants have ever known. How is that not interesting?

This.

@fodigg said:

@Herokiller12344 said:

But the "cool thing" you're talking about isn't the point of the character. The point is his struggle with destiny, and that's happening right now. If you're not into that, fine, but some of us find the struggle pretty interesting. Also, he's had some "cool things" so far I'd say, including his "don't insult Kansas" beatdown.

And this.

The appearance of Genesis is a stroke genius, one small gift coming out of one of the best x-men runs of the decade. Thank God for Rick Remender.

#17 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Bullcrap, if Apoc was such a big threat, he'd have won by now. He's been in over 600 comics by now and I'mm supposed to believe he's too big to be a regular?

#18 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Herokiller12344 said:

@fodigg: Bullcrap, if Apoc was such a big threat, he'd have won by now. He's been in over 600 comics by now and I'mm supposed to believe he's too big to be a regular?

If you want him reduced to that, then sure. If you think it's justified--that he's appeared so often as to be that watered down. Personally I think this is a way to present his aspect (via Genesis) while simultaneously building him back up. I find that far preferable to "well, he's such a failure let's just make him the team mascot at this point."

#19 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Superb post.

#20 Edited by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@Herokiller12344 said:

If you want him reduced to that, then sure. If you think it's justified that he's appeared so often as to be that watered down. Personally I think this is a way to present his aspect (via Genesis) while simultaneously building him back up. I find that far preferable to "well, he's such a failure let's just make him the team mascot at this point."

This

@Herokiller12344 said:

En Sabah Nur, the invincible one, he can never die, Mr. Bluelips, the REALLY ANGRY guy! It's bad enough that he was written as a complete non issue regardless of his formidable powers, moveset and backstory. But the final straw was most definetly his reincarnation.

Evan Sabahnur, the not-so-invincible one, the nerd who can never lie, Mr. Lonely. I hate him. Why do I hate him, because he's the poor mans replacement for the best mutant of all time. It's not bad enough that he's a clone of Apocalypse, he's a clone of the reincarnation of Apocalypse. That is the dumbest thing I have ever read (except Twilight) What is the point of reincarnating Apoc if some A-hole X-man is going to shoot a child in the head only panels after he is introduced? Why not have the damn Reincarnation be Evan? This is why X men comics disappoint me now.

Another Thing..... En Sabah Nur was an Egyptian, meaning he had a naturally low haircut, and other African features that I have no real idea about. So why does he look like some puke from Nebraska?

What I'm also disgruntled towards is the Artwork. I might be alone here, but recent X-artwork is freaking atrocious! It's depressing, boring and poorly drawn. I want something interesting to look at not some emo picture that looks like someone wet their paintbrush with tears.

Another thing...why is Evan so far being treated like a joke? We're talking about the (clone of the) Reincarnation of APOCALYPSE of all people! I need some kind of epic tale encompassing his moral choices. I don't want to wait 3 frickin' years for Evan to do ANYTHING of vague importance to the Marvel Universe or for Apoc to return. Please Marvel, make my suffering bearable.

OK, 1) Fantomex shooting Child Apocalypse served to underscore the grave tone of later X-Force issues.

2) I suspect that Fantomex cloned Apocalypse after seriously considering Psylocke's suggestion of raising Child Apocalypse to be a hero, but only if the child were raised in such a manner from birth (hence the Smallville references)

3) Ancient Egyptians possessed Asiatic, Caucausian, and African features, a la Sudanese Nubians or Tigray Ethiopians. Evan's facial structure fits that description. His blue eyes might be a result of subconsciously emulating his caretakers/parents. As for his hair, again, Nubians and Tigrays often sport similar hair.

#21 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor said:

@fodiggsaid:

@Herokiller12344 said:

If you want him reduced to that, then sure. If you think it's justified that he's appeared so often as to be that watered down. Personally I think this is a way to present his aspect (via Genesis) while simultaneously building him back up. I find that far preferable to "well, he's such a failure let's just make him the team mascot at this point."

This

@Herokiller12344said:

En Sabah Nur, the invincible one, he can never die, Mr. Bluelips, the REALLYANGRY guy! It's bad enough that he was written as a complete non issue regardless of his formidable powers, moveset and backstory. But the final straw was most definetly his reincarnation.

Evan Sabahnur, the not-so-invincible one, the nerd who can never lie, Mr. Lonely. Ihate him. Why do I hate him, because he's the poor mans replacement for the best mutant of all time. It's not bad enough that he's a clone of Apocalypse, he's a clone of the reincarnation of Apocalypse. That is the dumbest thing I have ever read (except Twilight) What is the point of reincarnating Apoc if some A-hole X-man is going to shoot a child in the head only panels after he is introduced? Why not have the damn Reincarnation be Evan? This is why X men comics disappoint me now.

OK, 1) Fantomex shooting Child Apocalypse served to underscore the grave tone of later X-Force issues.

2) I suspect that Fantomex cloned Apocalypse after seriously considering Psylocke's suggestion of raising Child Apocalypse to be a hero, but only if the child were raised in such a manner from birth (hence the Smallville references)

3) Ancient Egyptians possessed Asiatic, Caucausian, and African features, a la Sudanese Nubians or Tigray Ethiopians. Evan's facial structure fits that description. His blue eyes might be a result of subconsciously emulating his caretakers/parents. As for his hair, again, Nubians and Tigrays often sport similar hair.

How dare you argue with me on my own damn blog?

#22 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Herokiller12344 said:

How dare you argue with me on my own damn blog?

Hmm. Trolling? Good-natured irony? Genuine (and ridiculous) offense? So hard to tell on the internet...

#23 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@Herokiller12344: I thought the "Comments and Concerns please" part gave me license to do so.

#24 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor: Yeah, but your supposed to mostly agree with me. Stop d!ckin' around man.

#25 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@Herokiller12344 said:

@VampireSelektor: Yeah, but your supposed to mostly agree with me. Stop d!ckin' around man.

XD OK, you're trolling. But if you're not, you could try defending your perspective better instead of whining.

#26 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is gonna make Genesis another openly gay character.

#27 Posted by lightfright12 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised no one is bitching about the superman rip off origin story.

#28 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

This concept worked in the 90s for Cable/X-Man/Stryfe, why can't it work for Apocalypse and Genesis?

Edit: @fodigg: Not disagreeing with your post. Just the opposite.

#29 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@perry_411: I'm sorry what?

#30 Posted by Apocalips (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@Herokiller12344 said:

I might be flogging a dead horse here, but have you ever heard of Age of Apocalypse? It's this great little series from the 90's that focused on a world where Apocalypse won.

There's a new title that came out called Age of Apocalypse even though Apocalypse is dead in it I think, and Weapon Omega is running the show now, but that's beside the point.

But I think we can all agree that Evan's probably going to become Apocalypse in the future. I mainly say this because I can see the fact that his parents actual nonexistence blowing up in Fantomex's face. I hope he turns out good though. I like him so far.

#31 Posted by OmegaHans (209 posts) - - Show Bio

How many times are we going to see an X-Men villain turn hero? I couldn't even read 4 pages of this story in the bookstore without shouting expletives and people looking at me concerned. I really hate X-Men today.

#32 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaHans: I hear that.

#33 Edited by COBRAMORPH (1567 posts) - - Show Bio

@Herokiller12344: Poc, like Magneto or Joker can NEVER, EVER, be redeemed & turned into heroes. Honestly, I dont even like reversed reality versions were all the villains are good, & all the heroes are bad. All Genesis is, is a means to bring the second most well known X-villain back into the comics. He is the Joesph of Apocalypse.

Also, my not just write a comic, were Poc just shows up on page 1, they fight, & he is defeated & on the last he wave his fist in the air& very meanly grows "curse you, & your little wolverine too. I'll get you next time, X-Men, next time."

Reduce the most powerful villain to the level of 1980's cartoon Shredder or Dr. Claw.

Also, no story, no build up. Nothing but action. Yeah, lets make comics as bad at today's movies.

#34 Posted by darklord_apoc (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree with the whole thing of him turning good. Now if they want to show us step by step on how he turns evil like anakin did, then I will be atleast, ok with that. Apoc has had some of the worst writers in marvel history, and the problem is that none of the writers stick to what the other wrote about. In "Messiah war" he ended up winning and taking stryfe for a host, so it doesnt make sense that after that he gets reborn as a child "SMDFH" like wtf?? If apoc was wrote right he is up there with some of the top baddies in marvel! He is like one of the only villains that has took on powerful beings without using hardly nothing but his speed and strength. And Apoc just can not be a super hero like I said. It would be like Darth Sidious, Darkseid, and Joker turning out to be hero's. I hope this is just something that shows us how he starts becoming evil, and how we can understand his power more better.

#35 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc said:

I disagree with the whole thing of him turning good. Now if they want to show us step by step on how he turns evil like anakin did, then I will be atleast, ok with that. Apoc has had some of the worst writers in marvel history, and the problem is that none of the writers stick to what the other wrote about. In "Messiah war" he ended up winning and taking stryfe for a host, so it doesnt make sense that after that he gets reborn as a child "SMDFH" like wtf?? If apoc was wrote right he is up there with some of the top baddies in marvel! He is like one of the only villains that has took on powerful beings without using hardly nothing but his speed and strength. And Apoc just can not be a super hero like I said. It would be like Darth Sidious, Darkseid, and Joker turning out to be hero's. I hope this is just something that shows us how he starts becoming evil, and how we can understand his power more better.

Messiah War took place in a (now alternate) future. The last time we saw Apocalypse in current 616-Marvel was in the "Blood of Apocalypse" storyline in 2006 when he was taken away by the Celestials. It's perfectly feasible that he was reborn as a child and that his indoctrination by the Clan takes place pretty much from birth.

Second to that, Genesis is a clone of the child Clan Akkaba were indoctrinating; he's not Apocalypse, he's his clone. Apocalypse hasn't "turned good" but Evan was raised to be a hero.

#36 Posted by DJ1107 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

The real title of this should be "The Idiocy that is....This blog" because it's the most pathetic & idiotic excuse for hating a character I ever read.

#37 Posted by Onemoreposter (4069 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@War Killer said:

I like Genesis.

Me 3

#38 Edited by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy Crap guys, I am so sorry for this thread/blog. It's unbelievably childish and I will delete it as soon as I find out how.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.