just how powerful is apocalypse

#1 Posted by marvelboy02 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

he a omega level mutant? how well does he stand up the power houses of the marvel u. really.

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30206 posts) - - Show Bio

He is not an Omega. The reason is that he is only powerful with his Celestial tech. Without them, he's just strong, durable, long-living, etc. He's actually not that strong. With Celestial tech, he's okay. But he's not Omega level.

By "power houses of Marvel," what do you mean? Silver Surfer, Black Bolt, X-Man? Each one of those three are different levels. So it's a rather broad category.

#3 Posted by jec777 (233 posts) - - Show Bio

start at the surfer and work down to say nova, thing, i know this poster and he is very interested.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (30206 posts) - - Show Bio

Not completely in order:

Surfer: He is much stronger than Apocalypse.
Legion beats Apocalypse.
X-Man beats Apocalypse
HoM Scarlet Witch beats Apocalypse
Nova: Depends. Prime wins, average might lose. 
Thor should beat Apocalypse
Black Bolt: Might beat Apocalypse.   
Thing gets the crap beaten out of him.
Magneto... debatable. AoA Magneto beat AoA Apocalypse. Some debate as to whether 616 Magneto can beat 616 Apocalypse.

And Fantomex > kid Apocalypse.

Just had to sneak that in there.

#5 Posted by SC (12918 posts) - - Show Bio

He has great pecs and glutes. I bet he could do like 100 push ups and 100 squats. That's pretty powerful man. I wouldn't want to get in a game of rock, paper scissors with that guy. 

#6 Edited by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelboy02 said:

he a omega level mutant?

No, but what makes Apocalypse most dangerous is what he can do with sufficient preparation and planning. We saw the destruction and chaos that he was capable of bringing due to proper planning (especially in the Age of Apocalypse story arc).

Another thing that makes Apocalypse a powerful enemy is the fact that his powers are quite versatile. He doesn't just have one, two or three powers.

@marvelboy02 said:

how well does he stand up the power houses of the marvel u. really.

Not too well. Unless of course Apocalypse takes a lot of time preparing for any particular encounter. I would still say that he is below Magneto in terms of impressive feats and such. Apocalypse should also be vulnerable to Magneto's powers, despite Apocalypse's complicated body structure.

#7 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

He is not an Omega. The reason is that he is only powerful with his Celestial tech. Without them, he's just strong, durable, long-living, etc. He's actually not that strong. With Celestial tech, he's okay. But he's not Omega level. By "power houses of Marvel," what do you mean? Silver Surfer, Black Bolt, X-Man? Each one of those three are different levels. So it's a rather broad category.
#8 Posted by tenebyss (41 posts) - - Show Bio

At one point, he fought Loki to a standstill. So he has some level of power.

#9 Posted by GambitXRemy (62 posts) - - Show Bio

his almost as strong jean, also his part summers

#10 Posted by DATNIGGA (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

I never knew much about apoc until i watched X men evolution there it said apoc had the abilty to use everyones abiltys.... but when i read comics that wasnt the case Tv is a liar

#11 Posted by redhood21 (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

And Fantomex > kid Apocalypse. Just had to sneak that in there.

HAAAH!

#12 Posted by Lovingdamnation (124 posts) - - Show Bio

He beat Dracula and caused a genocide on some planet (where he got ship)

#13 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

I say his tech should be included in his feats because lets face it how many of Tony's feats would we count if we took away his armor, or Hal Jordan with out his ring. If somebody uses tech on a regular basis it should count. As for where he stands, I'd say mid tier, he can be a serious threat with enough planning and the right tools but on the flip side he can be defeated by a large number of people. I'd put him right under Dr. Doom(only because Doom's plans are usually on a larger scale). I'm kind of mad he's not stronger with Celestial Tech.

#14 Posted by Ascender (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys if you are a fan of scifi, fantasy,superheros then please check out me and my partners brand new comic book company called Ascendant Comics from Houston,Texas.He have a diverse range of genres also to fit anyones needs.Please check us out at www.ascendantcomics.com and friend us also on our facebook page www.facebook.com/TheAscendants.Here is the cover one of our main powerhouse comics called Project Omni!

#15 Posted by darklord_apoc (1346 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Not completely in order: Surfer: He is much stronger than Apocalypse.Legion beats Apocalypse.X-Man beats ApocalypseHoM Scarlet Witch beats ApocalypseNova: Depends. Prime wins, average might lose. Thor should beat ApocalypseBlack Bolt: Might beat Apocalypse. Thing gets the crap beaten out of him.Magneto... debatable. AoA Magneto beat AoA Apocalypse. Some debate as to whether 616 Magneto can beat 616 Apocalypse. And Fantomex > kid Apocalypse. Just had to sneak that in there.

Actually that is not true. Apoc can most likely take on surfer, nova and mags, but a well written one. Apoc has took on black bolt and the hulk before and won. He took on black bolt and cyclopse at the sametime and won. He took down a raged hulk with ease and made him more powerful. His harbringer was able to take on the avengers and cable at the sametime, and the only reason it got defeated was because apoc activated a bomb inside it to destroy N.Y. In the "Twelve" storyline apoc took on mostly everyone in there. He was able to defeat charles xavier, jean grey (who had some of the phx force powers), cable, and was able to absorb a direct blast from cyclopse with ease. So much so that cyclopse was not able to use his optic blast for months (note: cyclopse optic blast has been able to destroy mountain tops)

In AoA, he lost to mags due to P.I.S because nate grey and mags shot directly at him and it did not hurt him, even mags said to nate, "give it all you got!" The only reason mags destroyed him was because apoc kept stalling and not taking their fight serious. Even in AoA, he had all the top notch villains scared of him.

Apoc was able to take on Exdus and in prison him for (i believe 100 years). He has took out loki with ease! He's fought High Evol to a stand still as well. Plus beat an eternal prime. And he was powerful before he got his celestial tech.

Surfer had a hard time with cable, who he fought, and cable has got smacked around by apoc several times. Apoc took down stryfe with ease, and took over his body in the "messiah complex" He also took on storm, beast, quick silver, and etc. with ease, and he was already dying when he did!

Now all this is done when he was wrote right. I admit they will make him fight and have a hard time with weaker beings, but he has took on more powerful beings then weaker ones. All that is because he was wrote correctly.

#16 Posted by darklord_apoc (1346 posts) - - Show Bio

Apoc can most likely take on surfer, nova and mags, but a well written one. Apoc has took on black bolt and the hulk before and won. He took on black bolt and cyclopse at the sametime and won. He took down a raged hulk with ease and made him more powerful. His harbringer was able to take on the avengers and cable at the sametime, and the only reason it got defeated was because apoc activated a bomb inside it to destroy N.Y. In the "Twelve" storyline apoc took on mostly everyone in there. He was able to defeat charles xavier, jean grey (who had some of the phx force powers), cable, and was able to absorb a direct blast from cyclopse with ease. So much so that cyclopse was not able to use his optic blast for months (note: cyclopse optic blast has been able to destroy mountain tops)

In AoA, he lost to mags due to P.I.S because nate grey and mags shot directly at him and it did not hurt him, even mags said to nate, "give it all you got!" The only reason mags destroyed him was because apoc kept stalling and not taking their fight serious. Even in AoA, he had all the top notch villains scared of him.

Apoc was able to take on Exdus and in prison him for (i believe 100 years). He has took out loki with ease! He's fought High Evol to a stand still as well. Plus beat an eternal prime. And he was powerful before he got his celestial tech.

Surfer had a hard time with cable, who he fought, and cable has got smacked around by apoc several times. Apoc took down stryfe with ease, and took over his body in the "messiah complex" He also took on storm, beast, quick silver, and etc. with ease, and he was already dying when he did!

Now all this is done when he was wrote right. I admit they will make him fight and have a hard time with weaker beings, but he has took on more powerful beings then weaker ones. All that is because he was wrote correctly.

#17 Posted by JediXMan (30206 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc said:

@JediXMan said:

Not completely in order: Surfer: He is much stronger than Apocalypse.Legion beats Apocalypse.X-Man beats ApocalypseHoM Scarlet Witch beats ApocalypseNova: Depends. Prime wins, average might lose. Thor should beat ApocalypseBlack Bolt: Might beat Apocalypse. Thing gets the crap beaten out of him.Magneto... debatable. AoA Magneto beat AoA Apocalypse. Some debate as to whether 616 Magneto can beat 616 Apocalypse. And Fantomex > kid Apocalypse. Just had to sneak that in there.

Actually that is not true. Apoc can most likely take on surfer, nova and mags, but a well written one. Apoc has took on black bolt and the hulk before and won. He took on black bolt and cyclopse at the sametime and won. He took down a raged hulk with ease and made him more powerful.

Neither Black Bolt nor Cyclops are remotely close to the Silver Surfer.

Surfer depowered Hulk with ease when they fought. He grabbed him in mid-strike and drained him of gamma radiation, forcing him to transform back into Banner.

@darklord_apoc said:

Bad comparison. The past times where he fought Cable, he wasn't at his best. This Cable was the strongest he had ever been, and probably stronger than Stryfe. Also, Silver Surfer was holding back when they fought. Really, all Cable did was break Surfer's board - while an okay feat - which he can easily replace.

The version that beat Stryfe in Messiah War (not Messiah CompleX) was arguably the strongest versin of Apocalypse, after he absorbed the power of the Celestial ship.

@darklord_apoc said:

I see no reason why this is noteworthy; AoA Apoc =/= 616 Apoc. And I don't believe the one in Messiah War was actually 616, either; they were in an alternate timeline.

#18 Posted by darklord_apoc (1346 posts) - - Show Bio

A) it was not a different apoc but the timeline was different. And apoc gets his power from celestial tech in all timelines, nothing has changed there. You left out the part about the harbringer, who took on thor, the avengers, and cable..... The only reason he lost was because apoc planted a self destruct device in him to blow up N.Y. Can surfer take on all the avengers and cable at the sametime and win?

B) Your missing other key points. All the inhumans and x-men was shooting at apoc all at once and all he did was laugh at them. I believe the scan to that is already on here, or you can go through my pictures and see it there.

C) Apoc was able to best the high evol without using any kind of energy blast. He only used speed and strength against him.

D) If your saying surfer had a hardtime against cable well then he sure would have a worse time against stryfe, who has all of cable's abilities and is able to desenigrate (I'm not a good speller) but he was able to desenigrate mutuants with ease when he was a kid, and only diff is that he does not have to deal with the Tech Organic Viruse that cable has to deal with. A fully powered apoc took a direct T.K blast from him and it did not leave a scratch on him.

E) And in the "twelve" apoc was able to take down jean (who had some of the phx powers left in her and also her own) cable, and drained cyclopse optic blast (which was at full power)

F) Well this hulk did not have banner to turn into so I do not see how surfer could have won against this hulk, he was split into hulk and banner from onslaught, so the only difference from this hulk is that he could not turn into banner. Plus apoc made the hulk more stronger where he took out juggernant and the absorbing man with ease.

#19 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Without the Celestial tech, he's basically Wolverine.

#20 Posted by JediXMan (30206 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Without the Celestial tech, he's basically Wolverine.

Why did you reply to a comment I made over a year ago? And I never said anything contrary to that.

#21 Edited by Assplosion (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc: I know your is an old post. you seem to know a lot about apocalypse. Don't know if this is true, but I was always under standing that apoc isn't necessarily a violent person towards the X-men because of his survivor of the fittest mentality. Because his main goal of a superior human race he is usually delicate towards the x-men and would rather attempt to have people join him an use them as the foundation for a super human race.

#22 Edited by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc said:

Apoc can most likely take on surfer, nova and mags, but a well written one. Apoc has took on black bolt and the hulk before and won. He took on black bolt and cyclopse at the sametime and won. He took down a raged hulk with ease and made him more powerful. His harbringer was able to take on the avengers and cable at the sametime, and the only reason it got defeated was because apoc activated a bomb inside it to destroy N.Y. In the "Twelve" storyline apoc took on mostly everyone in there. He was able to defeat charles xavier, jean grey (who had some of the phx force powers), cable, and was able to absorb a direct blast from cyclopse with ease. So much so that cyclopse was not able to use his optic blast for months (note: cyclopse optic blast has been able to destroy mountain tops)

Apocalypse has never taken on a 616 Hulk or Black Bolt. He took out a ill prepared Loki. Loki never figured Apocalypse would see through his illusion.

UPDATE

Didn't realize how old this was sorry. =) All though its really obvious how powerful Apocalypse really compared to how some people want him to be.

#23 Posted by HellionVulcan (3716 posts) - - Show Bio

"It has even been said that Apocalypse’s powers appear to be limitless as even Apocalypse himself has claimed that he is still not fully aware of the full powers he has been given from the Celestial starship and that it has even been stated that Apocalypse’s powers will continue to grow and evolve to higher and greater levels over time such as how Stryfe was able to defeat Apocalypse when severely weaken, while it took the combined full powers of Stryfe and Bishop to beat Apocalypse at his weakest in a possible future timeline in 2973."

#24 Posted by Hulkbuster13 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse is easily one of the most powerful mutants and at one point there was over 30 million and is one of the most powerful superhumans on marvel Earth. He does have a lot of let downs due to bad writing but the way I see it if he is at full power I think he's more powerful than terrax the tamer or Fire lord. And he was powerful even before the Celestial tech. Sure he wouldn't be the powerhouse he is now but even without the Celestial tech. Apocalypse would have been a match with most of the X-men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.