I like Apocalypse. What should i read?

#1 Posted by cheddarhead4 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the required reading for an X-men fan? I like apocalypse alot (from various video games and cartoons), but i've never read any comics with Apocalypse in them. I recently thought about reading Age of Apocalypse, but that comic spans like 50 issues ranging from super-obscure comics i've never heard of (like Gambit and the X-ternals, Generation Next, and Factor X), and thats alot more than I want to read, and I'm kinda put off by comics that focus on a full team of third string characters (like the new young secret avengers, or the secret new defenders, etc.). Is there a book that just focuses on the central story in AoA that i could read and skip all the third string, less important characters (like reading Civil War 1-7, and skipping Civil War: new avengers, etc.)? There is a "blood of apocalypse" storyline from x-men 182 - 187 i just found on CV, (is it good?) but that seems like one needs alot of background information on apocalypse before that will make sense.  What should i read?

#2 Posted by danhimself (22216 posts) - - Show Bio

you can get the complete Age of Apocalypse in 4 trade paper backs....I highly recommend that you read it....It's one of my favorites

#3 Posted by inferiorego (21111 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" you can get the complete Age of Apocalypse in 4 trade paper backs....I highly recommend that you read it....It's one of my favorites "
seconded
Staff
#4 Edited by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio

The Blood of Apocalypse.

The Twelve

The Adventures of Cyclops and Jean.

X-Cutioner´s Song had some Apocalypse 

Messiah War.

#5 Posted by Jubilantlad (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is the name of the story arc when Apocolypse returns and the New X-Men are involved?
#6 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@cheddarhead4: You can now get the recent Uncanny: X-Force trade.  I also hear the the Age of X storyline will involve Apocalypse.
#7 Edited by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@cheddarhead4: Also, "Fall of the Mutants" and "The Onslaught Saga" both have Apocalypse in it.
#8 Posted by darth_fletcher (262 posts) - - Show Bio

age of apocalypse is possibly the best storyline ever, 4 part rise of apocalypse was good too...

other stories ive read are :- wraith of apocalypse, adventures of cyclops and phoenix, onslaught, the twelve and search for cyclops (x-men vs apocalypse vol. 1&2) and blood of apocalypse.

#9 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Age of Apocalypse, volumes one to four, plus the prelude which is coming out in May. 

#10 Posted by Logan X (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Age of Apocalypse is a great crossover and so is  X-Cutioner´s Song.

Also, the first X-Factor series has a lot of Apocalypse!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.