Has Apocalypse ever been defeated while at his full power?

#1 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Apocalypse has beed defeated several times, but I was wondering most of the stories where he is defeated are when he is trying to pull off a decades/centuries long plan together to get the perfect host body, of to prevent him from entering a revitalization chamber, or 
some other such thing. Has Apocalypse ever been defeated while at the heights of his powers?

#2 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if you'd count Magneto's victory over him at the end of the Age of Apocalypse storyline (it being AU and all). Mags took him down at the center of his empire, so I don't know how much more of an advantage Apocalypse could have had.

#3 Edited by Edamame (28397 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Even Stryfe couldn't defeat a fully-powered Apocalypse at the end of Messiah War.  I would like to see X-Man contending with a fully-powered Apocalypse. That should be interesting.   
As a matter of fact, even when weakened, Apocalypse doesn't always get "defeated".  He managed to escape Stryfe's rage in X-Cutioner's Song, he managed to still survive after both Stryfe and Bishop ganged up on him, etc. 

@Shadow_Thief

said:

I don't know if you'd count Magneto's victory over him at the end of the Age of Apocalypse storyline (it being AU and all). Mags took him down at the center of his empire, so I don't know how much more of an advantage Apocalypse could have had.

Well, X-Man and Magneto ended up ganging up on him. So he was certainly weakened right before Magneto ripped him in half, but Magneto was also heavily weakened since Holocaust (Apocalypse's son) was torturing him so much prior to X-Man's arrival. If X-Man didn't arrive at that point in time, I am sure that Apocalypse would have been able to kill Magneto. 
#4 Posted by perry_411 (424 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: I think we'll find out very soon that Magneto didn't defeat him. Next issue of Uncanny X-Force.  I did enjoy the AoA, but I would rather have seen him take over from the present on, or just show the dystopia that Cable is always from.
#5 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure that the AoA anniversary mini was set 5 years after the main AoA arc and Apocalypse was still dead and Sinister was the new big bad

recent solicitations have shown a Weapon X looking very Apocalypse like 
#6 Posted by Edamame (28397 posts) - - Show Bio
@perry_411 said:
@Edamame: I think we'll find out very soon that Magneto didn't defeat him. Next issue of Uncanny X-Force. 
Sounds interesting, but how could they change the fact that Magneto ripped him in half? You are referring to the Age of Apocalypse story arc, right?
#7 Posted by perry_411 (424 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Yes AoA, I believe he's returned from worse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.