Follow

Apocalypse

Character » Apocalypse appears in 1782 issues.

One of the very first mutants, Apocalypse is both thousands of years old and a monstrous tyrant that has been a longtime foe of the X-Men. Apocalypse believes that only the strongest (whether mutant or superhuman) should survive. His body is a mix of organics and powerful celestial technology, boosting his shapeshifting and other powers to god-like levels.

Future for Apocalypse

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel Marvel needs to maybe make Apocalypse more of a celestial than mutant so it can be way different than Fox's X-Men "Apocalypse" movie coming out!! I just hope Marvel still keeps Apocalypse around and makes him a big threat like he was in the 1980's and late 1999! What do you guys think? @comic_book_fan@realitywarper@lukehero

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mickey-mouse

@darklord_apoc: I've got suspicions that Marvel isn't going to hype up villains they don't own the movie rights to. There really is no direct connection between movie box office numbers and comic sales. I would argue there is a momentum effect though between the comics and getting hype for your movies. Which is why I feel like Inhumans will take the lead and mutants will be pushed into the back.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want him to have a long run what ever they do with him keep him in the books for a while and let him use all of his powers.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@lukehero: That sounds realistic.

I mean look at Green Arrow, he was a like a C or B lister before the show. Now he is a legit A lister. Image how well a Cyborg movie could do for a C list hero like Cyborg. Ironman was another B list hero before he got his own movie. What's crazy is Marvel still hasn't made a great Hulk film even though he is a A list hero with a much better rouge's gallery than Ironman, Thor, or Captain America.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darklord_apoc

@lukehero said:

@darklord_apoc: I've got suspicions that Marvel isn't going to hype up villains they don't own the movie rights to. There really is no direct connection between movie box office numbers and comic sales. I would argue there is a momentum effect though between the comics and getting hype for your movies. Which is why I feel like Inhumans will take the lead and mutants will be pushed into the back.

Rather or not if they do that it still will not keep people from watching the X-Men films.... One good thing is Rick Remender is a huge Apocalypse fan and hopefully they will make Apocalypse more than a mutant since the new X-Men movie will just be about the mutant version of Apocalypse... I mean Marvel still has control over the Celestials so they can remake Apocalypse into a Celestial... I read somewhere that Remender said Apocalypse fans will be pleased

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Rather or not if they do that it still will not keep people from watching the X-Men films.... One good thing is Rick Remender is a huge Apocalypse fan and hopefully they will make Apocalypse more than a mutant since the new X-Men movie will just be about the mutant version of Apocalypse... I mean Marvel still has control over the Celestials so they can remake Apocalypse into a Celestial... I read somewhere that Remender said Apocalypse fans will be pleased

I'd rather see Ultimate Apocalypse take the spotlight. Unlike the main version, Ultimate actually makes him a clear threat to everyone cuz he can absorb powers from dead mutants or severed body parts. He even beat Onslaught (Xavier went to future, trained to fight Apoc SPECIFICALLY, and basically became Onslaught). The only reason that version got beaten was cuz of Phoenix Force and even then Apocalypse gave her trouble. I highly recommend reading that saga.

No Caption Provided

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: @comic_book_fan: @lukehero: @darklord_apoc: Before I show what I found, read the reddit thread. Especially the AOA section

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/3gobi2/respect_apocalypse_marvel/

Now click the spoiler and read the last panel:

No Caption Provided

Rivals Phoenix, but never could take it that far. This could explain why his power is so inconsistent, but still is a major thread. It even explains why every future version of Apocalypse is apparently God-Tier and why Kang the conqueror feared him despite being INSANELY powerful (seriously, google Kang's respect thread). So basically, the future of Apoc should involve him getting a better handle on his powers and doing serious damage.

What do you guys think?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.