En Sabah Nur what does it translate to & language is it

#1 Posted by Namor1987 (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to know the origin of Apocalypse's birth name & what it means? Thanks guys
#2 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

it translates to " The First One " and technically it's from a fictional unknown language which assumes an old lost language, as it does
not translate correctly in real life.

#3 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

^___^ They explained it on x-men evolution, but things never translate well in real life. It's a rough translation most likely from a varied dialect in egypt 

#4 Posted by meldodge (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Turkish for "The Morning Light"

(Source: "How to Avoid Dumb Answers", by Google Translate)

#5 Edited by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard that it's supposed to be Egyptian for "The First One," but it's actually a mistranslation meaning "The Seven Lights."

#6 Edited by danie_0 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

As an Arabic language student of four years I understand his name to be written as " ان صباح نور" literally translating to "The Morning Light"

#7 Posted by danie_0 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool: I believe your translation might also be a mistranslation. You seem to have confused the word for morning and seven. To a non-Arabic speaker it is very easy to do. Pretty sure the literal translation is "The Morning Light" especially since I've seen him also called Son of the Morning Fire.

#8 Edited by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

@danie_0 said:

@deadpool: I believe your translation might also be a mistranslation. You seem to have confused the word for morning and seven. To a non-Arabic speaker it is very easy to do. Pretty sure the literal translation is "The Morning Light" especially since I've seen him also called Son of the Morning Fire.

Thank you for your input. I gotta say though, the actual translation is reminiscent of "The Morning Star." Are they trying to connect him with Lucifer?

#9 Posted by Urim (1 posts) - - Show Bio

In Arabic it means The Dawn Light or the Morning Light. Lucifer means holder of the light or the morning star so maybe there's a connection. especially that they chose the date 5000 ago, the same plot as yu-gi-oh! where the most powerful monster is the "creator of light".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.