Apocalypse without Celestial Technology.

#1 Posted by Edamame (27998 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine Apocalypse without all of that Celestial Technology.  He would probably abandon his obsession with the Survival of the Fittest philosophy.  

Any other thoughts on how this would affect Apocalypse?

#2 Posted by Edamame (27998 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

he would just be another high powered immortal mutant  
alot less of a threat and maybe even a little more mellow

#4 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Edamame (27998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
"
http://www.comicvine.com/the-rise-of-apocalypse/49-18414/    Pretty good origin story. "
I read that, but I was simply wondering how it would affect him today.  Not in the past.

@hdorman1 said:
" he would just be another high powered immortal mutant  alot less of a threat and maybe even a little more mellow "

Pretty much like a mutant Hulk.
#6 Posted by Edamame (27998 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1 said:
" he would just be another high powered immortal mutant  alot less of a threat and maybe even a little more mellow "
As I understood, the Celestial Tech. gave him the immortality.
#7 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
I think he'd be pretty similar power wise. Way more experienced and dangerous though.
#8 Posted by Edamame (27998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @Edamame: I think he'd be pretty similar power wise. Way more experienced and dangerous though. "
He would lack telekinesis, telepathy and immortality though.
#9 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Originally he has immortality and the same power as crusher creel
#10 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, he was immortal from the beginning. He should have his TP & TK as well. Didn't they manifest after Ozymandias' sister rejected him?
#11 Posted by Edamame (27998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx said:
" and the same power as crusher creel "
?????

@Jake Fury said:
" Yeah, he was immortal from the beginning. He should have his TP & TK as well. Didn't they manifest after Ozymandias' sister rejected him? "

So what exact extra   powers did the Celestial Tech. grant him?
#12 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
You know, I'm not sure if its ever been clearly stated. My uneducated guess is he just uses it to augment his own abilities. I'm thinking he uses it for his teleporting too.
#13 Posted by Edamame (27998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @Edamame: You know, I'm not sure if its ever been clearly stated. My uneducated guess is he just uses it to augment his own abilities. I'm thinking he uses it for his teleporting too. "
I wish it were stated somewhere.
#14 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: The absorbing man
#15 Posted by Edamame (27998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx said:
" @Edamame: The absorbing man "
Ah. I see.
#16 Posted by Edamame (27998 posts) - - Show Bio

That is true, actually.  The Celestial Technology simply opened up all of his natural mutant powers. Forgot to mention that.

#17 Posted by 3cclark (11 posts) - - Show Bio

It made his durability more ridiculously powerful where he could take a full shout from Black Bolt, the technology made where he could absorb and generate multiple energy, he also uses the technology, to bestow powers and even immortality to people (Sinister) and however he make a horseman of . The age of Apocalypse ending didn't make sense because before Magneto couldn't even affect Juggernaut's mystical armor, how could he affect then Apocalypse's armor which is made of Celestial technology, substance that don't even come from earth.??

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.