Follow

Apocalypse

Character » Apocalypse appears in 1781 issues.

One of the very first mutants, Apocalypse is both thousands of years old and a monstrous tyrant that has been a longtime foe of the X-Men. Apocalypse believes that only the strongest (whether mutant or superhuman) should survive. His body is a mix of organics and powerful celestial technology, boosting his shapeshifting and other powers to god-like levels.

Apocalypse Why?

Avatar image for liquidsnakezero
    LiquidSnakeZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LiquidSnakeZero

Yeah so I was looking at an old thread of Darkseid vs Apocalypse. I was reading the comments on their and I was wondering how is Apocalypse not a god? I mean Darkseid is a powerful but to be called a god is a little out their. At least Apoc has credibility with being the first mutant and all. I’m trying to get the fi of Age of Apocalypse since I’m starting to leave my Deadpool frenzy and dive into Apocalypse. I know Dakrseid has his Omega Effect but come on how is he a god? Apocalypse is immortal I believe. He can shape shift and basically due what ever it is he wants. How does Darkseid beat him?  By the way I have been looking for this but there isn’t a way to do this without me reading spoilers so I guess ill just ask you guys. Um so why doesn’t Apocalypse just win? That sound dumb but with his giant sum of abilities what does he even want? He’s immortal, all powerful…what does he want out of Earth or the Universe?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

1. Darkseid is by far more powerful than Apocalypse.

2. You presume that being a God = being powerful. This is false. There are being far more powerful than Darkseid who are not Gods. Darkseid is a God because he belongs to a race of Gods millions of years old and have been created by the Source itself. Apocalypse is just a human who evolved.

and now we get to our second problem problem: You think Apocalypse is far more powerful than he really is.
    While he is immortal, this is only in the sense that he cannot die from natural causes. He can be, and has been killed in the past.
    He has complete control over every molecule in his body, granting him wast shape shifting properties. He can shape his limbs into weapons, alter his size, manipulate wast energies, create armor for himself, alter his body structure in various ways, and has wast strength, enough to physically restrain the Hulk. But this doesn't give him the ability to do whatever he wants. The sheer number of times he was beaten back should tell you that. Most reently he was beaten by the Avengers and X-men, I believe, and left for dead.

I won't get into Darkseid's full list of abilities here, but suffice it to say that he can erase every atom of Apocalypse from existence, tear apart his soul, and there is nothing Apocalypse can do about it.

As for why Apocalypse doesn't reule the Earth... You'll just have to read the comics to know that.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @AtPhantom said:
    "1. Darkseid is by far more powerful than Apocalypse.2. You presume that being a God = being powerful. This is false. There are being far more powerful than Darkseid who are not Gods. Darkseid is a God because he belongs to a race of Gods millions of years old and have been created by the Source itself. Apocalypse is just a human who evolved.and now we get to our second problem problem: You think Apocalypse is far more powerful than he really is. While he is immortal, this is only in the sense that he cannot die from natural causes. He can be, and has been killed in the past.He has complete control over every molecule in his body, granting him wast shape shifting properties. He can shape his limbs into weapons, alter his size, manipulate wast energies, create armor for himself, alter his body structure in various ways, and has wast strength, enough to physically restrain the Hulk. But this doesn't give him the ability to do whatever he wants. The sheer number of times he was beaten back should tell you that. Most reently he was beaten by the Avengers and X-men, I believe, and left for dead.I won't get into Darkseid's full list of abilities here, but suffice it to say that he can erase every atom of Apocalypse from existence, tear apart his soul, and there is nothing Apocalypse can do about it.As for why Apocalypse doesn't reule the Earth... You'll just have to read the comics to know that."

who is more powerful than darkseid that isnt a god? not disagreeing just wondering.

since when can darkseid erase every atom of someone from existance or tear their soul apart
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AtPhantom
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "who is more powerful than darkseid that isnt a god? not disagreeing just wondering.since when can darkseid erase every atom of someone from existance or tear their soul apart "
    Darkseid has always held great power in the spiritual department, and as for erasing every atom, that's what the omega effect is for.

As for who has more power then him, take a pick: Anti-Monitor, Imperiex, Galactus, Guardians of the universe, Celestials, Endless, Primal Monitor, Mandrakk and so on...
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @AtPhantom said:

Darkseid has always held great power in the spiritual department, and as for erasing every atom, that's what the omega effect is for.As for who has more power then him, take a pick: Anti-Monitor, Imperiex, Galactus, Guardians of the universe, Celestials, Endless, Primal Monitor, Mandrakk and so on..."

yea your right i never thought about them, i was thinking smaller people that we see every month in comics. never heard of the primal monitor or endless. Also im only thinking DC. i didnt think the Guardians were more powerful.

The omega effect was gonna be my guess but wasnt sure
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AtPhantom
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " yea your right i never thought about them, i was thinking smaller people that we see every month in comics. never heard of the primal monitor or endless. Also im only thinking DC. i didnt think the Guardians were more powerful. "
    Primal Monitor is a powerful progenitor of the Monitor race, only mentioned in whispers in Final crisis. the Endless are a group of abstract beings, each representing an aspect of human life.  The Guardians.... Is a difficult think to say. It's possible the power balance between Darkseid and the Guardians has changed in the recent years due to retcons.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse= Earth level threat, and it barely holds up (i blame this on crappy writing over the years, Blue Lips couldve been alot cooler)
    Darkseid= opposite of above in huge ways.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Phorqe

Darkseid was born the way he is. Apocalypse became how he is by acquisition. Apoc is one of my favorite characters in Marvel, and I'm pretty pissed that he has never taken control of earth in the 616 universe. He always gets beaten right before he succeeds, which is total crap. I'm so irritated by everyone in Marvel falling into the same story over and over. Super powered being comes close to taking over the world, then gets beaten at the last possible second by the would-be do-gooder underdog. 

I don't understand why the high ups of Marvel are so worried about making changes to their universe and having the consequences stick. Its quite silly.

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Rothschild

Apocalypse is the whooping boy for the X-men, heck even the Marvel Universe... He used to be one of my favorite villains as a kid, now he just makes me shake my head in disappointment... he's the Ryan Leaf of COmic Book Characters
    Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bogey
    @Rothschild said:
    " he's the Ryan Leaf of COmic Book Characters "
    Ouch
    Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Rothschild
    @Bogey:
    I had to keep it real
    Avatar image for bastion_the_master__sentinel
    Bastion the Master--Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who´s ryan leaF?

Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
    #1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bastion the Master--Sentinel said:
    " who´s ryan leaF? "
    a guy who was a quarter-back at Washington State and was hyped up to be the the next best thing in the N.F.L. 
    But instead was the next Tony Mandarich, which means he was a horrible disappointment.
    why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By why so serious

cauz he's boring.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.