Apocalypse the Horseman?

#1 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry for the long post in advance.

Apocalypse is currently listed as a member of the four horseman. I would like to throw out there to remove his status as a horseman. I understand that he is the leader of the horseman, but I don't think that he qualifies as one of them. I cannot think of anywhere in the comics he has ever been cited as being one of them, or said anything indicating that he considers himself to be one of them. Most importantly, I don't think he would consider himself one of them. They are more his lackeys (or followers), doing his bidding and following his orders than anything else.

I would liken this to Magneto and the Acolytes. I would consider Magneto the leader of the Acolytes, but I don't think he would be counted as one of them for similar reasons.

Two examples that I would see as contrary to this would be Professor X who has been the leader of the X-men before and could also be considered one of them or Magneto being both the leader and an active member of the brotherhood of evil mutants.

I don't know if it is worth opening up multiple threads for, but I think that Apocalypse should be removed from the four horseman as well as magneto being taken out of the acolytes.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2547 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you on Apocalypse. He should be mentioned in the description of the Four Horseman with a link back to his own page. You can make the edit.

Staff
#3 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

This may belong under Magneto, but how do you feel about doing the same with him and the Acolytes? If memory serves me correctly they worshiped him. He housed and supported some of the groups. I believe that at one point Fabian Cortez was their leader and at another it was Exodus. Is Magneto an acolyte?

#4 Posted by Teh_Exploder (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he should stay because he fought with them.

#5 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that I think about it I'm going to have to agree. I changed Apocalypse, though. That one I'm pretty serious about. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.