Follow

Apocalypse

Character » Apocalypse appears in 1782 issues.

One of the very first mutants, Apocalypse is both thousands of years old and a monstrous tyrant that has been a longtime foe of the X-Men. Apocalypse believes that only the strongest (whether mutant or superhuman) should survive. His body is a mix of organics and powerful celestial technology, boosting his shapeshifting and other powers to god-like levels.

Apocalypse Appreciation Thread

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
    Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Show appreciation for one of the eviliest Marvel Super villains..

DFChewie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DFChewie

Apocalypse is an incredible villain.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

AoA was one of the best events ever

Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honeslty don't get how someone could say he's right. To say he's not that evil is way off. Also if he believed in his philosophy so much why hasn't he gone after Ghost Rider? I'll tell you why because he would be bitting off more than he can chew.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lordraiden
    Firestormnuclerman said:
    "I honeslty don't get how someone could say he's right. To say he's not that evil is way off. Also if he believed in his philosophy so much why hasn't he gone after Ghost Rider? I'll tell you why because he would be bitting off more than he can chew."

You just put up an apreciation thread for Apocalypse, and now your bagging him??? WTF, i'm so confused right now lol
    Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lordraiden said:
    "Firestormnuclerman said:
    "I honeslty don't get how someone could say he's right. To say he's not that evil is way off. Also if he believed in his philosophy so much why hasn't he gone after Ghost Rider? I'll tell you why because he would be bitting off more than he can chew."

You just put up an apreciation thread for Apocalypse, and now your bagging him??? WTF, i'm so confused right now lol"

It's related to Apocalypse.
    Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chaos Prime

Apoc gets my apreciation any day of the wk.
    Great character !!!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By John Valentine
    danhimself said:
    "AoA was one of the best events ever"
    YES! It was incredible.

Apocalypse is a brilliant villain.
    Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you say he has gotten written way better in the 90s XMen TAS than most of his recent appearnces?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John Valentine
    Firestormnuclerman said:
    "

Would you say he has gotten written way better in the 90s XMen TAS than most of his recent appearnces?

"
    Nah not really....

He was good in The Twelve, X-cutioner's Song and obviously in AoA, but his last appearance was utterly forgettable.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By SUNMAN
    Firestormnuclerman said:
    "

"
    agreed
    DFChewie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DFChewie
    John Valentine said:
    "Firestormnuclerman said: He was good in The Twelve, X-cutioner's Song and obviously in AoA, but his last appearance was utterly forgettable."
    Seconded. "Blood of Apocalypse" was eyegougingly awful.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By John Valentine

His return was pointless, the 198 were a worthless bunch of mutants and Polaris, Gambit and Sunfire were screwed over for no reason....

Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUNMAN said:
    "Firestormnuclerman said:
    "

"
    agreed
    "
    They manage to write him as a force to be reckoned with in each of his appearnces on the XMen TAS. Currently he seems like anything but that.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cracks

Apocalypse is not as powerful as he think he is. 

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By rbysjti

He's my favorite villain and i want him to become a superhero.

Tiamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tiamut

@cracks:He should be by his power set alone... And the the Celestial Tech he's infused with?

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darklord_apoc

@Firestormnuclerman said:

I honeslty don't get how someone could say he's right. To say he's not that evil is way off. Also if he believed in his philosophy so much why hasn't he gone after Ghost Rider? I'll tell you why because he would be bitting off more than he can chew.

Apoc has took on more powerful then ghost rider.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By darklord_apoc

@cracks said:

Apocalypse is not as powerful as he think he is.

Actually that is not true. Apoc can most likely take on surfer, nova and mags, but a well written one. Apoc has took on black bolt and the hulk before and won. He took on black bolt and cyclopse at the sametime and won. He took down a raged hulk with ease and made him more powerful. His harbringer was able to take on the avengers and cable at the sametime, and the only reason it got defeated was because apoc activated a bomb inside it to destroy N.Y. In the "Twelve" storyline apoc took on mostly everyone in there. He was able to defeat charles xavier, jean grey (who had some of the phx force powers), cable, and was able to absorb a direct blast from cyclopse with ease. So much so that cyclopse was not able to use his optic blast for months (note: cyclopse optic blast has been able to destroy mountain tops)

In AoA, he lost to mags due to P.I.S because nate grey and mags shot directly at him and it did not hurt him, even mags said to nate, "give it all you got!" The only reason mags destroyed him was because apoc kept stalling and not taking their fight serious. Even in AoA, he had all the top notch villains scared of him.

Apoc was able to take on Exdus and in prison him for (i believe 100 years). He has took out loki with ease! He's fought High Evol to a stand still as well. Plus beat an eternal prime. And he was powerful before he got his celestial tech.

Surfer had a hard time with cable, who he fought, and cable has got smacked around by apoc several times. Apoc took down stryfe with ease, and took over his body in the "messiah complex" He also took on storm, beast, quick silver, and etc. with ease, and he was already dying when he did!

Now all this is done when he was wrote right. I admit they will make him fight and have a hard time with weaker beings, but he has took on more powerful beings then weaker ones. All that is because he was wrote correctly.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He's awesome, that is all.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

"I WHO AM ETERNAL CAN NEVER BE DEFEATED….EXTERMINATE THE VERMIN!!!"

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that so many forums argue about whether he is that powerful or not proves the writers messed up. Every feat he has is debatable and his most recent 616 fight was when he ran like hell from a random line up of 6 xmen! In the future timelines, he's a monster. No one would argue that. But his present day version is utter garbage.

And for the record, lots of people held down the hulk. When Apoc did it, Hulk did have a higher base power (they never say by how much), but couldn't get the anger boost and was dying and it wasn't even for that long. Other guys have done this while hulk was healthy and pissed. Abomination and Onslaught to name a few. As for others, I'm double checking my sources right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.