strider92's Aphrodite IX #1 review

• strider92 wrote this review on .
  • strider92 has written a total of 15 reviews. The last one was for

She's back!

The Good:

Stjepan Sejic is one of the best artists working on comics at the moment and he proves it here. The art is completely and utterly stunning. Matt Hawkins re-interpretation of Aphrodite IX is pretty good and the dialogue is solid and interesting. All in all this was well above average and a very good way to kick off the new series. Normally I don't post pic's in reviews to prevent spoilers but if you are on the fence about this issue just take one look at this art and tell me its not gorgeous:

Sejic I love you........in a total platonic way!

The Bad:

I felt the issue was a tad rushed near the beginning but it soon leveled out. My only real complaint is that I couldn't work out if this Aphrodite IX is the same one we saw in the previous series. I'm honestly not sure if this is a sequel or a reboot and it would have been nice to have some clarification on the issue.

The Verdict:

I don't normally give out 5 stars and honestly I would have preferred to give it 4 and half due to the lack of clarification on whether this is the same synthetic human we saw in Wohl and Finch's run. However the art and story were both stunning and this series is definitely worth picking up! THIS right here is how you start a series!!!!

Posted by TheAcidSkull