The Antipathy wiki last edited by halovsmarvel on 12/04/13 07:56AM
View full history
Space Sector: Unknown
Sector Partner: ?
Little is known about Antipathy, although like much of the Red Lantern Corps she possesses great rage and was given a Red Lantern Ring that replaced her blood with napalm. She has shown loyalty to Bleez and seems to side with the faction of Red Lanterns that wants Atrocitus out of power.
Major Story Arcs
Sinestro Corps War
Antipathy first appeared in a vision regarding the War of Light. Within the image of prophecy, Antipathy appeared to be fighting the Green Lantern Soranik Natu and using her Red Power Ring to create energy constructs of weapons, a skill her fellow Red Lanterns do not display due to their lack of control over the Red Light of Rage which consumes them.
Rise of Eclipso
The New 52
Rage and Blood
While on Ysmault with the rest of the Red Lanterns, Antipathy seems to be on Bleez's side when it comes to overthrowing Atrocitus. Antipathy is there when Atrocitus throws Bleez into the Sea of Blood. She is also present when Ratchet, Zilius Zox and Skallox, emerge from the Sea of Blood, which leads to Bleez changeling Atrocitus for leader ship of the Corps. Even though Bleez is defeated Antipathy seems to have loyalty towards her, and stands with the other Red Lanterns willing to fight for Bleez.
Later when Bleez takes a small group of Red Lanterns off Ysmault to hunt some of the hiding Sinestro Corp members, Antipathy is there by her side.
The Death of the Red Lanterns
Back on Ysmault Atrocitus has been attacked by his former creations, the Abysmorphs, and Antipathy along with the rest of the Corp comes back Ysmault to seemingly aide Atrocitus, but in fact they are there to overthrow him from leadership. They try but the Atrocitus loyalists stop them and when they learn the Red Lantern Power Battery has been destroyed they join Atrocitus once again.
Powers and Abilities
Antipathy is a bearer of the Red Lantern Ring and has all the powers that come with it. The abilities the ring grants him are:
- Animating: A Red Lantern can will things to move how he wants.
- Caustic Effect: Red Lantern power can damage and drain away the power of other lanterns almost like a poison. For example green lanterns who survive a Red Lantern attack will begin to lose power from the almost napalm like attacks of Red Lanterns.
- Communicator: The ring can act as a personal communicator between Lanterns.
- Costumes: The wearer of the ring may create any costume they choose, based on their personal preferences, whenever they choose. The ring projects the costume over any clothes already worn at the time. While Red Lanterns have no costume code they all are red and black with the Red Lantern symbol displayed.
- Energy Projection: The rings can also project beams, form protective bubbles and force fields, and fire destructive blasts. The attacks often come from the mouth from a Red Lantern.
- Energy Constructs: The rings can construct anything the wearer can imagine from hard-light energy, as long as they are willing to make it. The more determined the wearer is, the more complex and intricate these things can be. The constructs can even be so complex as to form working machines, computers, and even people. Red Lanterns have difficulty creating constructs due to their anger.
- Flight: The ring allows the wearer to fly in atmosphere or in space, and can achieve incredible speeds, moving from planet to planet in a matter of hours.
- Heart Replacement: Red Lantern Rings replace the heart of the lantern who wields them so removing a Red Lantern ring is often fatal without medical attention or the presence of a Blue Lantern. Atrocitus had his heart ripped from his body and was able to return to the fight within seconds since his ring serves as his heart.
- Mirages: The Ring can create mirages/illusions.
- Recharging: The rings need to be recharged by means of a Power Battery. Other large sources of power may be used to recharge a power ring, however effectiveness may vary. The internal power source of a Manhunter Android is, in effect, the same as a power battery, and can be used to recharge a power ring. During the JLA / Avengers crossover, a Cosmic Cube was used to recharge a depleted ring, although this is not an ideal solution and is available if there are no other options.
- Ring Duplication: Each ring can duplicate itself, creating a second ring which may be given to another as a backup, for protection, or to help the lantern in times of great need. This duplicate ring is exactly like a normal ring.
- Temperature Control: The Ring can increase or decrease the temperature of anything, even something as large as stars, or even create bubbles of intense heat or cold, even down to Absolute Zero.
- Electro-magnetic scanning: The ring can allow(through the use of x rays) the user to see through walls, without the people on the other side knowing. it can also scan along the Electromagnetic spectrum.
- Wormhole/Warps: The ring can open wormholes to cut down on distance.