#4 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Elektra.
#5 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat

#6 Posted by cody1984 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

Who are they?

Aside from mutant heroines.

Not many. Besides the obvious with Elektra you have Lynn Michaels who was a character in the Punisher's three ongoing series in the 90's. Black Cat I tend to agree with being an antihero other than that I'm really drawing a blank.

#7 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

During Dark-Reign, Moonstone was a highly interesting Ms. Marvel, however, her run lasted about four issues as Carol Danvers was 'resurrected' shortly after Karla claimed the mantle.

Black Widow is an anti-hero. She kills when she has to, and she's a Marvel classic.

#8 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Joygirl (19387 posts) - - Show Bio

X-2 -- oh right, no mutants. Ummmmm. Drawing a blank.

#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect said:
During Dark-Reign, Moonstone was a highly interesting Ms. Marvel, however, her run lasted about four issues as Carol Danvers was 'resurrected' shortly after Karla claimed the mantle.  Black Widow is an anti-hero. She kills when she has to, and she's a Marvel classic.
I wouldn't say Black Widow is an anti-hero just because she kills. Heroes kill these days. I always thought of anti-heroes as doing the wrong thing, for the right reason.
#11 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3723 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC:

Many deem killing as a wrong thing to do. Besides, Batman, Human torch, Invisible woman, Spider-man* and many others haven`t killed. And they`re heroes. Therefore, not every hero kills. But thanks for bothering to answer.

*Okay, he has killed accidently ( in 616-continuity).

@RainEffect said:

Black Widow is an anti-hero. She kills when she has to, and she's a Marvel classic.

I think that she walks the border between anti-heroism and heroism. But then again, she is an agent, and they usually kill. But then again, alot of agents are considered heroes. Thanks, by the way.

@_slim_:

Hmmmh...I think you`re right...Thanks.

#12 Posted by Kairan1979 (16723 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect

During Dark-Reign, Moonstone was a highly interesting Ms. Marvel, however, her run lasted about four issues as Carol Danvers was 'resurrected' shortly after Karla claimed the mantle. 

Moonstone was always a villain, costume changed nothing. Songbird makes more sense - always trying a path of rememption, and always failing.
#13 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat, Elektra, and I think that's about it.

#14 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Echo I think

#15 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant God said:
Echo I think
I'd agree with Echo, specially when she became Ronin.
#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

@PrinceIMC:

Many deem killing as a wrong thing to do. Besides, Batman, Human torch, Invisible woman, Spider-man* and many others haven`t killed. And they`re heroes. Therefore, not every hero kills. But thanks for bothering to answer.

I guess you're right, I'd say it's the context of the killing that matters, killing in self-defense or killing someone to stop something worse from happening have become more accepted. But killing first, assassination or killing when it wasn't necessary are probably anti-hero behavior. So I guess since Black Widow has assassinated she is an anti-hero. Mockingbird too.
#17 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3723 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979 said:

@RainEffect:

Moonstone was always a villain, costume changed nothing. Songbird makes more sense - always trying a path of rememption, and always failing.

I`d say, that failing at being a hero, and still trying to become one over and over again, is quite anti-heroic behavior.

@218Comics said:

No it`s not!

@PrinceIMC:

What!? She has killed also! Oh cmon! That`s so boring!

Has she killed humans/mutants etc.? Or are you referring to that ghost she "killed"?

#18 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel Cole in the new punisher series. Pretty mucht he Bride in Kill Bill except in Marvel U

#19 Edited by funnyfishman (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shadowdoggy said:

Black Cat

@cody1984 said:

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

Who are they?

Not many. Besides the obvious with Elektra you have Lynn Michaels who was a character in the Punisher's three ongoing series in the 90's. Black Cat I tend to agree with being an antihero other than that I'm really drawing a blank.

@218Comics said:

I always thought of Black Cat being an Anti-Villian

@PrinceIMC said:

@RainEffect said:
During Dark-Reign, Moonstone was a highly interesting Ms. Marvel, however, her run lasted about four issues as Carol Danvers was 'resurrected' shortly after Karla claimed the mantle. Black Widow is an anti-hero. She kills when she has to, and she's a Marvel classic.
I wouldn't say Black Widow is an anti-hero just because she kills. Heroes kill these days. I always thought of anti-heroes as doing the wrong thing, for the right reason.

Anti-Villians do the worng thing for the right reason. Anti-Heroes do the right thing for the wrong reason.

#20 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Red She Hulk would be one I think

#21 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3723 posts) - - Show Bio

@funnyfishman:

Actually, now that I think about it, anti-heroes are heroes who do more extreme/violent things than "regular" heroes. Well, at least it`s my opinion.

You`re spot on about anti-villains though.

@Blood1991:

Damn right she is.

#22 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

@funnyfishman said:

@Shadowdoggy said:

Black Cat

@cody1984 said:

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

Who are they?

@218Comics said:

I always thought of Black Cat being an Anti-Villian

@PrinceIMC said:

@RainEffect said:
During Dark-Reign, Moonstone was a highly interesting Ms. Marvel, however, her run lasted about four issues as Carol Danvers was 'resurrected' shortly after Karla claimed the mantle. Black Widow is an anti-hero. She kills when she has to, and she's a Marvel classic.

Anti-Villians do the worng thing for the right reason. Anti-Heroes do the right thing for the wrong reason.

I'd flip that. Punisher is an anti-hero. He kills to protect people. The wrong thing for the right reasons.

Baron Zemo is an anti-villain because he saves the world and stops bad guys so he can rule the world. So he does the right thing but for selfish reasons.

#23 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3723 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC:

I don`t think that it`s THAT simple.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.