Follow

Antarctic Press

Publisher »

Antarctic Press is a Texas-based comic book publishing company which focuses on "American Manga" stylized comic books as well producing "how-to" and "you-can" comics, instructing readers on the many areas of comic book creation and craft.

Bad Kids Go To Hell: The Movie, You Pick The Cast

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Bad Kids Go To Hell was a four issue mini-series published by Antarctic Press that came out this year.  It was written by Matthew Spradlin and Barry Wernick with art by Anthony Vargas. The mini-series has sold out and a trade paperback is due in December.  A live action movie version is being worked on and fans of the series are being asked to participate.

By clicking over to BadKidsGoToHell.com, you can choose the celebrities you would like to see cast in the movie.  Here is the premise of the series in case you missed it:

The premise: Five dysfunctional teenagers, each representing a different clique and not overly fond of one another, spend a Saturday detention locked in their school library by their principal.  Sounds familiar, doesn't it?  The premise of a classic 1985 John Hughes film, maybe?

Let's start over. During its construction, workers found a secret chamber under the library... and died there.  An army of cockroaches crawls through its walls. A few students have seen visions of the undead. Their principal left the school during a fit of violent sickness, and hasn't returned. And a sixth student they've never seen before mysteriously joins them...

Cast your votes/suggestions today to see if you have the power to influence Hollywood.  And look for the trade in December.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Decept-O

You know, I'm all for Indies and its great some properties are being made into movies.   Looks like a lot of other companies are getting in on the Hollywood action, not that I am complaining.  

One has to wonder why DC Entertainment/Warner Bros.  can't get its act together and put out some decent movies based on their properties.   

Even the "small guys" are running ahead in the game.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AngelFrost

This is shaping up to look like a great movie.

The premise definately seems worth watching and it looks like it can reach out to a wide audience. I've been on the site and sent in my own suggestions for the cast.   :) 

Can't wait to see this movie.

I haven't read the comics, but I wish someone would post the characters profiles etc on Comicvine :( I want to know more!

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bruce Vain

Two Words that everyone is gonna love ha ha ha ha 

MEGAN FOX 

There I said it HA HA HA HA
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Bruce Vain: You beat me to it!! 

Generally though, I always prefer unknowns.  People forget that Hugh Jackman was an unknown when he took on Wolverine.  I hated Ben Affleck as Daredevil; I felt like I sent a couple of hours watching Ben Affleck in a red leather suit... not a Daredevil story.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By pixelized

Pixelized.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bruce Vain

@xerox-kitty:
    =) ha ha ha ha Sorry

Yea I'm the same way. Unknowns I think are always the best way to go too. Christopher Reeve is another good example. Heck even Christian Bale was kind of an unknown. You'd be surprisped how people I know that didn't know who he was when I told him he was playing Batman. But Christian purposedly stayed under the radar NOW it's hard for him to do that these days.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Bruce Vain: Very true.  The first Superman film is now so long ago that people (myself included) forget that he was a relative unknown.  But I always look stunned at people if they don't know who Christian Bale is, even if they haven't seen Batman Begins/Dark Knight. 

@pixelized said:
    " Pixelized. "
    Seconded! :D
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @xerox-kitty:
    It's crazy how long ago Superman was but even to this day those effects were just amazing. I mean it still looks like he's actually flying. So when I watch these new superhero movies that either have them flying or swinging I always compare it to the first Superman movie. So to me the effects are waaaay better than the Matrix flying sequences & some of the Spider-Man web swinging. And this is back in 78 and for it to look better than today's movies that tells you something. Heck to me the new Star Wars movies look like shit to me cause it looks like one big cartoon. Unlike the originals those look and feel real so....But yea it still surprises me when some of the people I know STILL haven't seen American Psycho. And just makes we want to slap them LOL.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Media_Master

good idea

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.