Follow

Ant-Man

Movie » Ant-Man released on July 17, 2015.

A Marvel Studios film, and the first live-action adaptation of Ant-Man, starring Paul Rudd, and Michael Douglas.

Watch the Full 'Ant-Man' Teaser Video

• 122 results
    SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It'll probably be good, but this trailer was kind of dull

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looked good to me. Did a good job appealing to fans while trying to pique the interest of people who don't know squat about Ant-Man.

Did anyone take, "Is it too late to change the name?", as a Joke nod to the Many monickers that Pym went by in the comics?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By mickey-mouse

Looks Meh, but I hated the first trailer for GOTG and loved the movie.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@winter_kills: The legacy thing has been done actually although not for a movie released in theaters. The movie im talking about is Batman Beyond. This movie looks so much like that it should be called Antman Beyond.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My name is Ed Blank and I am a MCU fanboy...

Feels great to finally admit.

I am not saying I like every detail of everything they've done: I don't like either Thor movie but I am not too hype on the whole "elves and swords" thing. IM2 was kinda lame (liked IM3, tho). ANNNDDD I haven't watched past like ep 5 of Agents of Shield, nor did I catch Agen Carter yet. I prefer to binge TV shows these days so I will likely see them eventually.

BUT they have a helluva track record of making AWESOME movies: IM, both Cap movies, Avengers, GotG - and I like some of the others: both(?) Hulks, IM3. So I am automatically on board.

AND ANOTHER THING: the whole 'Shared Universe' motif makes it almost obligatory to watch all the movies.

Trailer was not mind blowing but I can smell the quality.

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Supi

Don't expect to be Guardians but I think it's ok.One question thought If Hank Pym was the first Ant Man why he wasn't a founding member of the Avengers or even work for SHIELD?

Αnd who will be the villain of the movie because Ant Man hasn't had the best of arch villains (Egghead,Scarlet Beatle e.t.c.)

MaesterWho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was a great teaser. I'm super excited about the movie. It looks like a fresh take on a superhero movie, and I think Paul Rudd is going to nail it as Ant-Man. It just made me more excited to see a full sized trailer since July is so far away.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Looks great and small.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spulk: Yellow Jacket will be the villan. They took a business rival of Hank Pym and gave him Yellow Jackets powers/suit. We'll see how it works out.

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I don't like this idea....Because Yellow Jacket is a creation of Hank Pym also just like Giant man/Goliath...Maybe they stole his blue prints or something....

But then why they didn't do it with Ant man costume and the Pym particles???

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By mickey-mouse

@spulk: yeah that's the plot, they steal the yellow jacket suit and Antman and the homies have to steal it back

In this case the yellow jacket suit is probably going to use Pym Particles and is going to be superior to the Antman suit

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the feeling from the trailer that this movie might be more traditional character drama based and not necessarily have as much action and quippy one-liners as say Avengers or GOTG had.

I won't mind if they decided to focus more on characters than action scenes for a change. In the end it's all about execution.

Ps. I wonder if I'm the only one in this site who saw Bridges of Madison county in theatre and enjoyed it?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@war_killer said:

I know people will judge me for saying this, and honestly I don't care, but I'm honestly more excited for this movie than Avengers: Age of Ultron. I know Avengers will be awesome, but the very idea of this movie simply puts such a HUGE smile on my face that I can't help but look forward to it.

Seriously, this movie has "One Fun Ride" written all over it.

Same here, this looks like a smaller much more fun and personal film.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love that they had some subtle hinting that hank has made a lot if mistakes in his past and this is his way of redeeming himself. Also the line about changing the name is hilarious since hank has went through like 3 names.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer: i watched the trailer 5 times and will watch a bunch more later but i have this feeling/theory. what if antman has his own little universe going. not saying the avengers dont exist in it but with the defenders team on netflix what if antman creates his own team ala avengers west coast. would be a great way to bring characters like spider-woman, tigra, she-hulk, moon knight, etc. and wasp and antman would still be founding members just of a different avengers team. i mean the main avengers is getting pretty crowded

Not sure if it's going to tie into any of the Defenders shows that Marvel is planning on going with Daredevil, Luke Cage, etc. as the it seems like the only characters that will be a part of the Defenders will by those in their shows on Netflix. I honestly don't see them having Ant-Man pop on a TV show since they're pushing his movie to be alongside the Avengers.

That being said, I can see Marvel having Ant-Man appear on a New Avengers team follow Avengers: Infinity Wars. With Chris Evens, RDJ, and Hemsworth's slowly moving towards their end game with their characters, I could see Marvel forming a new team of Avengers with the new characters they're planning on introducing in the coming years like Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel. We may see some previous Avengers be apart of this new team, but I can see Marvel using the new characters, like Ant-Man, to form a new team as a way to keep the Avengers franchise going while also keeping it new and fresh with an almost new cast of characters.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh...I like Paul Rudd though so I'll catch it in theatres

ComicsRHealthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was that A.I.M. I saw briefly towards the end? That would be interesting to see in the movie anyhow,wouldn't it? I felt Iron Man 3 didn't really develop A.I.M. Into a formidable corporation it's know to be in the comics. It seemed to take the backseat in the overall plot to me.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

@war_killer: you misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean antman showing up in defenders but like how nextflix has their own mini marvel universe going on leading to the defenders, I could see them doing the same with antman for the big screen forming his own super hero team

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: The legacy thing has been done actually although not for a movie released in theaters. The movie im talking about is Batman Beyond. This movie looks so much like that it should be called Antman Beyond.

I fail to see the similarities between an animated movie taking place in a future timeline, in a movie not made for theatrical release, to a movie that is live-action & taking place in present day. That would be like comparing James Robinsons' Starman to Batman Beyond. Which is definitely downplaying an awesome series. The same way with this film. The character of Scott Lang predates the Batman Beyond mythos by at least a decade, & was a legacy character in a sense, at least getting permission to use the name from Hank Pym. In this movie it just looks like Pym takes a more active role. By the way of thinking in your comment, all legacy characters, inc. those that have stood in for Flash, Cap, etc. would all be ripping off Batman Beyond. Comparing Batman Beyond(which, I am rather fond of, actually) & is like comparing apples & oranges.

@war_killer said:

I know people will judge me for saying this, and honestly I don't care, but I'm honestly more excited for this movie than Avengers: Age of Ultron. I know Avengers will be awesome, but the very idea of this movie simply puts such a HUGE smile on my face that I can't help but look forward to it.

Seriously, this movie has "One Fun Ride" written all over it.

Same here, this looks like a smaller much more fun and personal film.

I agree with both you guys. I'm excited about A:AOU, but I know it will be a "heavier" film. This really brings in some of that classic comic fun factor that I love so much, with modern touches. Like war_killer said, it has One Fun Ride written all over it; I think I'll enjoy it for the same reasons I enjoyed GOTG; the fun & adventure aspects. Things that take you back to why you love comics in the first place.

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Superior is only Hank Pym's brain ;-)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not bad, I guess. Michael Douglas might have not been the right choice for this film but no matter, it's a CBM and that's good enough for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.