Follow

Ant-Man

Movie » Ant-Man released on July 17, 2015.

A Marvel Studios film, and the first live-action adaptation of Ant-Man, starring Paul Rudd, and Michael Douglas.

Edgar Wright "Spills the Beans on Pym & Lang" for the Ant-Man Movie

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

Surely, you've heard the news? Paul Rudd was cast some time ago as "Ant-Man", but just today it was announced that Michael Douglas is Hank Pym.

Well, as baffled as that may leave us Edgar Wright has talked about how this dynamic would work. The Ant-Man director tweeted this today:

No Caption Provided

I've read through SuperHeroHype's interview and here's a notion of what we can expect in the final product:

SHH!: I think it's interesting that the Ant-Man you knew and grew up with was the Scott Lang one, since most people I would think know the one who hung with the Wasp in "Tales to Astonish."

Wright: Well, the thing is that what we want to do, the idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both. Is to have a film that basically is about Henry Pym and Scott Lang, so you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60's, in sort of "Tales to Astonish" mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang's story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him. So it's like an interesting thing, like the "Marvel Premiere" one that I read which is Scott Lang's origin, it's very brief like a lot of those origin comics are, and in a way, the details that are skipped through in the panels and the kind of thing we'd spend half an hour on.

"Homework"

Of course, this was a couple of years ago, so it might not entirely be set up as he said it way back then, but we now know what he's getting at. Some days ago Wright also posted on his blog an image from the animated series Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes with a simple caption: "Homework". The image (Right) is from episode five of season two, "To Steal an Ant-Man", where Scott Lang is introduced and steals Pym's work for the sake of saving his daughter. Speculation of Paul Rudd playing Scott Lang fits into all of these plot clues we are getting.

I got to hand it to Wright, he certaintly knows how to tease his work.

Source: SHH

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @Geo_sorathekey

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I have no problem with this.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

interesting

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I don't know or care enough about Pym or Lang to be affected by this news in either way.

So...whatever. Hope the movies' good. Don't really like any of Edgar Wright's movies though so its all ready a bit uphill for me personally.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.