Follow

Ant-Man

Movie » Ant-Man released on July 17, 2015.

A Marvel Studios film, and the first live-action adaptation of Ant-Man, starring Paul Rudd, and Michael Douglas.

Ant...boy?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FearTheLiving

What do fans of Ant-man think of this? Do you think some people are gonna think they're connected? (god I hope not) Also you'd think there might be some sort of legal reasons they couldn't do this, but the hell do I know.

EDIT: Turns out it was a Danish film, now being released in the US dubbed and that a sequel is already in the works for 2014. At least according to IMDB

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

If this makes it big, I wonder if uninformed people will expect the Ant-Man film to be similar in some way, and perhaps not take Ant-Man seriously before seeing it, if Antboy is a silly sort of film, which it looks like.

I imagine the similar names could make people think they're connected.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: That's what I'm wondering and with a sequel planned so soon for 2014 I'm thinking they're trying to get it out there fast so people mistake it for Ant-Man or at least have something to do with it. I'm just surprised Marvel couldn't shut this down, I mean it might not have anything to do with Ant-Man but wasn't it not to long ago WB got some Hobbit movie to change their title because it was clearly trying to ride the tails of the movie and confuse people into buying it?

I mean I haven't seen the movie, but it seems like a mix of Ant-Man with the story of Spider-Man at least from the trailer.

Toastergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is terrible.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It made me smile.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Groan....

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KumoriMJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KumoriMJ

@deaditegonzo said:

It made me smile.

In Odin's name why?

Because it's charming and lighthearted. Also, there is an existing comic book of this character already, so any talk of rip-offs is just unfounded.

No Caption Provided

This is a children's movie, and a cute idea to boot. Ergo, calm your fanjuices down, folks. Enjoy it for what it is - a kid's flick about a superhero, no angst or unnecessary broodiness and pretend-depth, like some pretentious superhero films I know (*cough* Christopher Nollan's pathetic excuse for a Dark Knight trilogy that everyone loved because zeitgeist and Batman sells and blindly hailed as the best films ever even though they suck the big one *cough*)

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kumorimj said:
    @feartheliving said:

@deaditegonzo said:

It made me smile.

In Odin's name why?

Because it's charming and lighthearted. Also, there is an existing comic book of this character already, so any talk of rip-offs is just unfounded.

No Caption Provided

This is a children's movie, and a cute idea to boot. Ergo, calm your fanjuices down, folks. Enjoy it for what it is - a kid's flick about a superhero, no angst or unnecessary broodiness and pretend-depth, like some pretentious superhero films I know (*cough* Christopher Nollan's pathetic excuse for a Dark Knight trilogy that everyone loved because zeitgeist and Batman sells and blindly hailed as the best films ever even though they suck the big one *cough*)

It's actually not a comic-book, but, well, books.

Didn't know they dubbed this one. Finally, a movie from my country that goes to other lands but is not depressing:)

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kumorimj said:
    @feartheliving said:

@deaditegonzo said:

It made me smile.

In Odin's name why?

No Caption Provided

Calm down bro. I never said it was a bad movie. In fact the only thing I even mentioned is that it could be confused with Ant-Man an already well known character created in the 60s so I thought there could be some sort of legal thing that could arise. Add in the fact that it looked like a cross between spider-man with children and ant-man persona added to that legal limbo. I also have no idea why you're bringing up the Dark Knight it literally has zero to do with this topic. So maybe you need to take a step back and calm your fan juices.

KumoriMJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@kumorimj said:
    @feartheliving said:

@deaditegonzo said:

It made me smile.

In Odin's name why?

No Caption Provided

It's actually not a comic-book, but, well, books.

Didn't know they dubbed this one. Finally, a movie from my country that goes to other lands but is not depressing:)

From what I saw while googling, this seemed like a comic book series. But then again, I did just learn of this property this morning.

What annoys me are the comments from people on sites like this one. Most of who are angry fanboys and comic purists who claim that any and all things are rip-offs. Let's be honest here, how many Danish people actually know about Ant-Man? And need I remind anyone of the comic book called "The Ant"? The one with a female superhero?

Sometimes the stupidity of the aforementioned geeks amazes me.

KumoriMJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kumorimj said:
    @feartheliving said:

@deaditegonzo said:

It made me smile.

In Odin's name why?

No Caption Provided

Calm down bro. I never said it was a bad movie. In fact the only thing I even mentioned is that it could be confused with Ant-Man an already well known character created in the 60s so I thought there could be some sort of legal thing that could arise. Add in the fact that it looked like a cross between spider-man with children and ant-man persona added to that legal limbo. I also have no idea why you're bringing up the Dark Knight it literally has zero to do with this topic. So maybe you need to take a step back and calm your fan juices.

The only bit of "juicing" was in the Nollan comment. Try and look at the comment's first two sentences - you know, the ones actually directed at you - and judge the calmness yourself.

You'll also note that i stated "Ergo, calm your fanjuices, folks", mainly because I saw worse comments on the issue, on this site as well as others. In all seriousness, I am calm at the moment. :) But I also like to give credit where credit is due and take credit where it is not needed.

Hope that clears the air a tad.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

It's actually a pretty good movie.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FearTheLiving

@kumorimj: My opinion still stands, that they felt it was the perfect time to ride the coat tails of superhero movies. However I wasn't calling it a rip-off, he clearly uses powers Hank doesn't in the trailer and there is originality behind it.

I will also admit I was ignorant of it (only seeing the trailer which I originally didn't realize was English dubbed) so I had no idea it even had books behind it. Either way I'll give the movie a shot.

No Caption Provided

KumoriMJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KumoriMJ

@kumorimj: My opinion still stands, that they felt it was the perfect time to ride the coat tails of superhero movies. However I wasn't calling it a rip-off, he clearly uses powers Hank doesn't in the trailer and there is originality behind it.

I will also admit I was ignorant of it (only seeing the trailer which I originally didn't realize was English dubbed) so I had no idea it even had books behind it. Either way I'll give the movie a shot.

No Caption Provided

No hard feelings. I apologize as well. :)

I like films that break the mold from time to time, like All Superheroes Must Die and Super. And yes, Kick-Ass as well.

Hence why I want to give this film a shot.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kumorimj said:

Let's be honest here, how many Danish people actually know about Ant-Man?

Not that many. But he is better known now, after "Avengers; Earths Mightiest Heroes." Ant-Boy is actually based on Spider-Man.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kumorimj: How dare a new user go against a experienced user like that?!

And what do you mean by ''tad''? its not even a word.

KumoriMJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kumorimj: How dare a new user go against a experienced user like that?!

And what do you mean by ''tad''? its not even a word.

...please tell me you're trolling with this one.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kumorimj: explain trolling... Dude seriously you had 4 posts and haven't wrote the last time in like 2 months. What are you still doing here!?

KumoriMJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kumorimj: explain trolling... Dude seriously you had 4 posts and haven't wrote the last time in like 2 months. What are you still doing here!?

...am I not allowed to be here unless I post stuff every single minute?

Also, since you're evidently not trolling, here:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tad

Is there anything else you require explaining?

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By leonkarlen123

@kumorimj: Man take it easy, i am just busting your balls ...

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.