theduffel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By theduffel
    No Caption Provided

I like the dark direction this comic has gone. I have read issues 1 & 2 now. The first sets up how Animal Man used to fight crime but now he's a family man. He has been considering getting back into the game. When he's done with a long day of shifting shape and making animal sounds at a frantic villain, all he wants to do is go home and relax. As he rests his head on the pillow and drifts into slumber, he begins to dream. The dream became a nightmare in a heart beat. It was dark and blood everywhere. He sees his son running in the distance. When he catches his son, he's petrified and saying how his sister, Animal Man's daughter killed Mom and is after them. His son, Cliff topples over and Animal Man notices his intestines are falling out. I won't reveal anymore than I have because I have already gone overboard with it. I guess since I have been ranting about it so long that I did enjoy it more than I thought.

The second issue we get to learn a lot more about the daughters character. We learn not only does she have Animal Man's powers but she also can change other people's form as well. Which makes me wonder if she can turn animals into humans? I think this has a great story and I'm very interested in seeing what other directions the writers take. I would most likely suggest this to anyone but my grandma. Only because she is truly frightened by scary little girls. I think if each issue is like this they should make it a movie. It has a lot of potential in my opinion.

halfshellhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By halfshellhero

You can actually put a spoiler wrapper around your text so that it won't appears unless someone clicks on it. Better watch it, you'll take the title of Ruinator from me

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Definitely the New 52 title I'm most excited about.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.