New 52 Animal Man Respect Thread

• 88 results
#1 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8587 posts) - - Show Bio

In November 2011, the New 52 and now began a new direction was taken to the superheroes of DC, principally one of the coolest heroes of all times: Animal Man

Let's take a look at the new Animal Man feats in this new universe:

To see another New 52 Respect Thread,click here:http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/57-10/new-52-respect-threads/92-672946/

Animal Man 0

Character Profile.

Origing of Buddy Baker's powers. The Red Kingdom rulers explain why they choose him and how his powers works.

First time flying.

Lifting a bus full of children.

Animal Man 1

Buddy isn't only a superhero and an actor,but also a social activist.

Taking the speed of a Rhino to dodge bullets and disarm a man.

Animal Man 2

Buddy has the ability to communicte with the animals.

Animal Man 3

Inside of the Red Kingdom Buddy is even more powerful having the abilitie to shape-shift his body into animal parts,as he does battling Hunters Tree.

Animal Man 5

Hold his own againt a rotling without using his powers.

Animal Man 8

Tearing rotlings animals.

Beats up an army of rotling animals.

Animal Man 10

After one of the Hunters Tree take over his body,Buddy souls goes to the Red Kingdom,ther helps the Shepard beats the rotlings that invaded the place.

Animal Man 11

Red Kingdom's rulers commands their minion build a new body for Buddy,a body more stronger,durable and also having limited shape-shifting capabilities.

Getting used to his new body, glimpse soem animals he could get powers and mentioned their abilities.

Out of the Red Kingdom feel the diference in his power leves,then take the speed of a cheetah and shape-shit into a bird.

Shifting into a Rhino to face Hunter Tree (possesing Buddy's original body),punches with such force to rip his head off.

Shifting his leg into a elephant's leg to smash Hunter Tree head.

Animal Man 12

Buddy can tap The Red to see and sense what the animals are experiencing.

#2 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8587 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp Thing 12

Animal Man and Swamp Thing beats up the Un-Men.

Survive from a fatal free fall

Animal Man 13

After fall Buddy noticed something have changed and after talk with Steel discover that he's in the future,then he basically survive from falling of the timestream.

Taking a hit from a undead Hawkman and is quick enough to dodge another strike.

Animal Man 14

Whitstand blows from undead Hawk and tear off his body.

Animal Man 15

Takes strength of gorillas to beat Grodd's soldiers.

Showing super-smell

Animal Man 16

Saves John Constantine,also demonstrated the ability to use the powers of 3 animals at the same time to reach th real Blackbiar Thorn inside the plant construct.

Animal Man 17

Take speed from Cockroaches,ants and several other insects to tackle the undead Flash. Buddy couldn't use speed from big animals because the lack of living animals in the future.

Ripping in half a rotling monster.

Swamp Thing 17

Handle Arcane.

Due the lack of living animals Buddy have to channeled The Red through Beast Boy,to healhimself and saves Swamp Thing. Also survive from the explosion of the Bat-Bot.

Animal Man 18

Pulled out of the timestream again Buddy ended with his arm broken,but still goes after his family using tiger's speed and dog's sense of smell to track them

With one avaiable arm sends one of the Hunters Tree flying and is able to handle the others,until Maxine turn them into their original human form.

#3 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

First two scans are hilarious

#4 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought that Evolve or Die T-shirt

#5 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#6 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

Those first two scans are brilliant. Next potential League member methinks. At least it would be cool to see this version of Animal Man with the League.

#7 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8587 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Yeah!!! LOL

#8 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8587 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Yeah, Johns should put Buddy in JL team

#9 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Awesome.

#10 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8587 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: @majestic99: @Lvenger: @sethysquare: Did you read Animal Man annual?

#11 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: My lcs sold out

#12 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@BlackArmor: @majestic99: @Lvenger: @sethysquare: Did you read Animal Man annual?

yups awesome issue.

#13 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

I don't read comics.

#14 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Uh uh. Perhaps I need to pick it up?

@majestic99: Why not?

#15 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8587 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Sure you will love. I already read 10 times, so good that is

#16 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@matchesmalone21: Uh uh. Perhaps I need to pick it up?

@majestic99: Why not?

I mean I haven't read the new 52 yet. I will though. Starting tomorrow.

#17 Posted by inferiorego (22403 posts) - - Show Bio

This book is soooooooooooooo good.

Staff
#18 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: I was worried for a second there. What books are you reading?

#19 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@majestic99: I was worried for a second there. What books are you reading?

These

#20 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing him rip those animals apart I'll have to pick this up next arc.

#21 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: All the New 52 first issues? That's quite a feat. I wish I had that much money to spare on comics. Have fun doing that!

#22 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@majestic99: All the New 52 first issues? That's quite a feat. I wish I had that much money to spare on comics. Have fun doing that!

Lol, I don't have money, at all.

I go to barnes and nobles(which receive new comics all the time) and read the books without buying them. The employees don't care.

#23 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: Really? I always thought plenty of comic shops would care if you read a lot of comics there without buying anything. Do you intend to buy any or not? It would seem a bit iffy to read 52 comics then leave.

#24 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@majestic99: Really? I always thought plenty of comic shops would care if you read a lot of comics there without buying anything. Do you intend to buy any or not? It would seem a bit iffy to read 52 comics then leave.

The employees know I'm not going to buy anything, and they don't care.

#26 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

So Animal Man meeting Grant Morrison is still canon in the New 52? I thought Vertigo produced Morrison's run on Animal Man?

#27 Posted by Billy Batson (57904 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

So Animal Man meeting Grant Morrison is still canon in the New 52? I thought Vertigo produced Morrison's run on Animal Man?

The first Animal Man series went under Vertigo in issue #57 when Jamie Delano was writing it. Meaning that it was part of the DCU when Morrison was writing it.
Not sure if that series is still canon or not though.
BB

#28 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Ah right I see. Thanks for the info.

#29 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

i like animal man ans was kinda worried when it was mentioned that he will take animal shape when using his power but it didnt turn out so bad

#30 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool scans.

#33 Posted by Jake Fury (18315 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the first trade, can't wait for Vol 2 to hurry up and get here.

#34 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man can turn into animals now? That's so freaking cool!

#35 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8587 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Yes,when he was in the Red Kingdom, a new body was built for him now not only being able to access the abilities of animals, but also how to transform of them.

@Jake Fury: I want to see the Issue 0

#37 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Huh I forget Animal Man was a bit more public than other superheroes. Interesting.

#38 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8587 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: True. I like him being a public hero,of a difference in personality and why he fights, taking advantage of the new 52, I would like other heroes were more public,Superman and Green Arrow are my first choice...because it is impossible not to know who they really are. What you think?

#39 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: You mean Superman having a public identity? But then you lose the charm of Clark Kent. Besides it's not that obvious that Superman has a secret identity when you look at the nitty gritty of it. I wouldn't mind GA being more public though.

#40 Posted by Cap10nate (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like that they have him morphing into the animals a little bit now. It kinda bothered me that he could fly without flapping anything since no animal can do that. I like him taking the wings of the bird and using that to fly instead of just being able to levitate and zip around like Supes

#41 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8587 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Yes,it's because I'm not a fan of him pretending to be a normal human being for all people and besides it would still be Clark Kent, since he was created that way and it would cause a big change in the whole DCnU and because there was not really a big change in this ''relaunch'',the publisher has to dare a little more and his relationship with Wonder Woman, does not seem so big. Yeah,it would be cool to see a top character reveal his identity

#42 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: But that's the whole point of Superman. He's not human yet by the way he was raised he is just as human as anyone else. What would be the point of Superman if there was no Clark Kent life to back it up? Clark Kent is the real character, not Superman. There are several good ways of explaining this. One is that Clark has many disguises. He has the mild mannered persona to shrug off suspicion of being Superman, he has Superman the costumed persona who uses his abilities to protect the innocent and he has the Clark Kent he could be around his Ma, Pa and Lois pre New 52.

Another good explanation is in Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman where Lois says that Clark is just Superman and Clark replies that Superman is what he can do. Clark is who he is. At the end of the day, without Clark Kent, Superman would not be an endearing appealing character. You cannot have one without the other.

#44 Posted by Lvenger (19042 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Sorry I wasn't trying to be pushy or derogatory or anything. I just went on a really long rant. But yeah more public heroes would be interesting to see.

#45 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8587 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I do not get offended or anything.I understand your opinion.....I just want to seeSuperman in another angle,let's hope that editors and writers make some heroes become public

#47 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: is it okay if I use these scans?

#50 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3573 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: has done it again. You sir are a great service to this site. I've not ever known much about Animal man but this is intriguing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.