Follow

Animal Man

Character » Animal Man appears in 756 issues.

As a happy-go-lucky hero and devoted family man, Buddy Baker can mimic the powers of any animal on Earth and beyond. His powers come from a connection with the morphogenetic field of Earth, also known as the Life Web or the Red.

Dc Relaunch includes Animal Man #1

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By BKole

Bleeding cool has covered this, but it appears as though Jeff Lemire of Sweet Tooth and Superboy fame will be taking over Animal Man when the Universe Relaunches. Whether or not this will be an on-going series, or if it will simply be another Mini - I Will be buying several copies to keep it going for as long as possible!

Excellent news.

Rokuakai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rokuakai

HELL YES!!!

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BKole
    No Caption Provided

This appears to be the cover to Animal Man #1. It's been annouced that Jeff Lemire will write and Travel Foreman will be the artist! Fantastic News!

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iLLituracy

Seriously? Animal Man? There's so many other people who deserve a title over Animal Man... 

The only time I can recall Animal Man ever being a big deal was when Morrison was on his title.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

That cover is both beautiful & grim at the same time!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

I'll pick this up for at least two issues.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

Hell yeah! Love Animal Man.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By turoksonofstone

Cool. Nice to see this. Animal Man always manages to be handled well for some odd reason.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

Admittedly never read Animal Man, but with Jeff Lemire on the book, I'm definiyely checking it out.

Gordon Kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Gordon Kelly

That is awsome that Animal Man is coming back to the series. I have not seen Animal Man in his series since 1988 and 1995 to Vertigo series. This is exciting news to hear. The last Amimal Man comic I read back two years ago in 2009 was the The Last Days of Animal Man where he loose his powers of the animals. I hope they bring the Forgotten Heros in the series that wood be cool to see. I have some Animal Man comics like Countdown to Adventure, Rann\Thanger Holy War and JLA series. 

I hope thay could do a newer Justice League Animated Series in years to come and we could see Animal Man helping the JLA and his family. 

Big News for me to hear about this.
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By longbowhunter

This is probably the title I'm the most excited for. I love Buddy Baker and Jeff Lemire.
    BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BKole

Its a fantastic cover. Its good to see from Lemires interview over on CBR that he is trying to play with that fits rather than making continuity fit his own ideas. It there was one thing about Animal Man over the years is that his origins have become decided convoluted. A focus on the family of Animal man is really what made him so exciting and different to read in the first place - the fact he came pre-married with two kids really got all the cliched drama out of the way and allowed subsequent writers such as Delano and Morrison to really give him a proper independent niche, which was only further by the more insane storyline that got chucked into the Vertigo side of the title down the line.

I'd disagree and say that Animal man is a deserving character to have his own series - He's been out of a primary series of his own for years and years, and titles like Infinite Crisis, 52 and to a lesser extent Countdown to Adventure, really proved that he could be in and the focus of a title, but DC sort of threw away whatever momentum they had in favour of putting out another twelve Batman comics. Diversity is really the way to go.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.