Animal Man is only temporary?

#1 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I was looking on the dc wiki site and I'm not sure if this was just misinformation or what is actually happening to buddy but it states that his daughter was the rightful avatar of the red and buddy will only have his powers until his daughter is able to take that role? Is that true? Seems awfull lame considering the history of this character.

#2 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's a neat idea, but I doubt Buddy will lose his place as avatar of the red.

#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11581 posts) - - Show Bio

If it is true then it won't happen. It's like saying Damien is going to be the next batman when he is of age. It's "destined" to happen but since time stands still for the most part in comics, the red will never pass on from Buddy to his daughter unless its a temporary story line.

#4 Posted by junkmasterzero (257 posts) - - Show Bio

There was an interview somewhere with Lemire saying that the title will change at one point to "Animal Girl".

#5 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@junkmasterzero said:

There was an interview somewhere with Lemire saying that the title will change at one point to "Animal Girl".

Issue 7 introduced her in a future premonition. I thought it was pretty cool actually.

#6 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought this was decided before they came up with the new 52? I dont like or dislike the ieade im just curious why they would change it to animal girl when there is already Vixen who basically has the same powers doesnt she?

#7 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

i thought this was decided before they came up with the new 52? I dont like or dislike the ieade im just curious why they would change it to animal girl when there is already Vixen who basically has the same powers doesnt she?

I think it is just rumor at this point. I would actually like to see them release a new title for Animal Girl/Animal Woman focusing on Maxine in an alternate future or alternate reality. That would be cool.

#8 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (889 posts) - - Show Bio

That may be the idea, but at the rate the characters age, we will likely never see it.

#9 Posted by VictheSage (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing against Max but Buddy's in my top three comic characters. I was a little p.o.'d when the totems said he was only a minor force for the red.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.