Follow

Animal Man

Character » Animal Man appears in 756 issues.

As a happy-go-lucky hero and devoted family man, Buddy Baker can mimic the powers of any animal on Earth and beyond. His powers come from a connection with the morphogenetic field of Earth, also known as the Life Web or the Red.

Animal Man #3 Cover

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By DoomDoomDoom
    No Caption Provided

Just finished issue #2 so I decided to look up the cover for issue #3 and WHOA....I'm ready to see this Animal Man in action. I hope this is in the comic and not just a teaser of some sort.

Avatar image for batflasharrow96
    batflasharrow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By batflasharrow96

I doubt that actually happens. The covers are usually metaphorical.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By fACEmelter88

I never thought I would like this series or Animal Man but they're both so awesome.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@batflasharrow96 said:

I doubt that actually happens. The covers are usually metaphorical.

I know what you mean but have you read #2? Something in there makes me think it actually could. Wishful thinking on my part I know.

@fACEmelter88 said:

I never thought I would like this series or Animal Man but they're both so awesome.

I've always kinda liked animal man, well at least since I read the Morrison run. I was worried though cause I haven't read Sweet Tooth or any of Lemire's other stuff besides that one Hex issue, so I didn't really know what to expect. I'm not familiar with artist either but I like his style.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Also I read this on the dc site about Animal Man #4, it mentions Buddy having a new power.

After coming face to face with the mysterious Totems, Buddy learns the truth about Maxine’s destiny – but it may be too late, as The Red is infiltrated by agents of The Other, and Buddy struggles to control his new, unfiltered powers with deadly results! Meanwhile, Ellen and Cliff must face the last Hunters alone!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.