doomdoomdoom's Animal Man #3 - The Hunt, Part Three: Totems review

A Rot in the Red

First Five Pages: We follow Buddy(Animal Man) and Maxine(his daughter) through the Red and meet the Totems, who are the former avatars of the Red. Also, the Hunters Three are lingering outside the Baker household.

The Goods: There are some pretty big reveals regarding Buddy and Maxine's true relation to the Red. The Totems also mention a war brewing, "A rot", Which looks to set things up for a Swamp Thing/Animal Man crossover. Also, there are some truly touching family moments here especially the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son relationships,Which divides the members of the Baker family with and without powers. I can truly say there was nothing bad about issue #3, it left me foaming at the mouth for the next issue more so than the previous two. Beautiful art by Foreman and the perfect story, heating up, by Lemire.

Other reviews for Animal Man #3 - The Hunt, Part Three: Totems

Animal Man is terrific 0

Lemire & Foreman continue to do fun comics. How can I make that into the 100 word minimum? I signed onto this site exclusively to be able to give this comic a positive review. It's everything that the other 51 ought to be: a fun take on a mainstream comic that needs no apology. I would gladly show this to hardcore comics fans & non comics readers alike.The horror/superhero genre twisting is good, the deadpan slightly dry humor is great....

Family fun on the run. 0

Review for Animal Man #3.The Story: Buddy and Maxine meet the totems who gave Buddy his powers and get attacked by two of the three Hunters, while Ellen and Cliff get chased by the third one.Thoughts: In the issue we get a bit of a retooling of Buddy's origin. The aliens were fake and were used by the Totems to give Baker his powers. I really like them from the first time we see them. They are big in stature but thanks to Foreman's art they are not natural looking, I honestly cannot properly des...