starkiller809's Animal Man #2 - The Hunt, Part Two: Maps review

Still Going Strong

After last month's amazing issue, can Jeff Lemire and Travel Foreman keep the readers interested in Buddy and his family?

THE GOOD:
The art is amazing. It gives the book a dark tone. It's simple, and very sketchy and I love it. This issue we get information on what is going on at the Baker home. I love how, Jeff still incorporates the family drama into the series and super heroics. I think Maxine also has a strong presence in this book and I feel that she could become a very powerful character. I also love how you get Animal and his daughter traveling the globe, and the villains of the series coming into play.

THE BAD:
Nothing

THE VERDICT: 5/5 (Perfect)
Animal is one of the BEST series of the New 52. I'm so glad that I decided to pick this up because if I didn't, I would be missing out on some amazing stuff. If you didn't get issue one, go get it. I know it's probably going to be expensive but it's worth it. Issue two is still great. I honestly, don't see this series dropping past a 4 star ratting anytime soon. I would suggest everyone get this.

Posted by brewski420

I agree with you. This is one of my favorite new DC series out of the new 52. Before this i had never read any Animal Man comics, but after picking this up i"m glad i'm reading Animal Man now.

Posted by CombatSpoon86

@brewski420: Better Pick up Morrison's Animal Man to even enjoy the character to an extreme lol.

Posted by The Mighty Monarch
@CombatSpoon86: I ran out and got the first Morrison Animal Man trade as soon as I finished Animal Man #1. ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL. And then as soon as I could I snatched up the other 2 trades. Although it gave me the sad revelation that Grant Morrison was more 'on' completely redefining the medium back in the 80's and 90's than he is now. Don't get me wrong, his new stuff is still grade A+ stuff, but his work in the 80's was above and beyond, pushing the medium to the absolute limits.