Why was Angel's entry changed to "Archangel"?

#1 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (232 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been reading the last few months' worth of X-comics and everyone still calls him Warren or Angel. Even in Uncanny X-force he only transforms to Archangel during battles. As far as I can tell, he doesn't even like the fact he transforms into his "evil" half.

#2 Posted by IrishX (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. It should just be Angel.

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know who changed it, but I don't see a problem with it.  This is why we have an Alias box.

#4 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (232 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: 

True but if anything Archangel should be an alias as officially he's still just Angel. It's no big deal or anything. I'm just a nit-picker for details on my faves, lol.
#5 Posted by Darkchild (41448 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by IrishX (2467 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild:
?
#7 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild said:
"this is why 

http://www.comicvine.com/the-angel/29-36389/ "

??? there can be more than one man taking up the name Angel on this site. 

and as for the name, it really doesn't matter. 
Professionally it would be known as Angel, but Archangel does have a nice touch and it's not killing anything.
#8 Posted by Powerzone789 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

i beleive in curse of the mutants, the archangel persona is still inside him, so the name change would make sense...but yeah its not hurting anything
#9 Posted by Havenless (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind that it is changed, but I do mind when I type in 'Angel' in the search box to find his page, it's not anywhere near the top 20 options, I usually just go with Warren Worthington to find him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.