Follow

Angel

Character » Angel appears in 7419 issues.

A mutant and original member of the X-Men, Warren received his angelic wings at a young age along with a unique healing factor in his blood. After being twisted into a weapon of Apocalypse, Warren became the cold and distant Archangel. In the years since then, he's gone back and forth between his two identities.

Why Do A Lot Of People Describe Archangel As Beautiful?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher
    My favorite Archangel Image. Hope somebody can find me a larger image of this. Just pm me. : )
    My favorite Archangel Image. Hope somebody can find me a larger image of this. Just pm me. : )

Well, I've also asked that to myself. Why do i describe him as a beautiful person, rather than good-looking, or hunk or handsome? I really don't know. All I know is that when I describe him "beautiful," it's his physical appearance. Perhaps because he has cool wings. And angels in comics are usually female characters. Maybe that's the reason. But one thing is for sure. He looks awesome.

How about you? Why do you describe him beautiful?

Check out how cool Archangel looks on this video:

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By Hawkeye446

Because Archangel has the same effect as a sunset. He is dazzling. Not Handsome, a sunset isn't handsome. It is not good looking in that way. Archangel is really a marvel to look at. He has so many delicate and articulate details.

An even better analogy is that Archangel is like art. But, in a more physical form.

Uncanny X-Force #17
    Uncanny X-Force #17

Stunning.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By CellphoneGirl

@Hawkeye446: I agree. Ever since i was a child i thought of him as dazzling, and Angelic. I was never exactly sure why, but there was always something special about him that made him stand out from other characters.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hawkeye446

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

@Hawkeye446: I agree. Ever since i was a child i thought of him as dazzling, and Angelic. I was never exactly sure why, but there was always something special about him that made him stand out from other characters.

Definitely. I haven't really given it much thought before though. Guess my opinion laid dormant for a while.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

His skin has that really attractive stainless steel fridge look to it. So he is like a fridge with wings? Odin knows the things I would do to my fridge if it had giant metallic wings. Add fangs and blood and your talking about take home to parents level attractiveness. Just make sure you don't do what Husk did... LOL 

0_0

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By pixelized
    @aztek_the_lost said:

I thought this was going to be about "why do people call Archangel beautiful...when he's actually unattractive" but apparently people actually think he's beautiful...

hmm, you learn something new every day

Ditto. I also thought it would turn into talking about Warren pre-transformation.

I don't see it in AA.
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hawkeye446

@aztek_the_lost said:

I thought this was going to be about "why do people call Archangel beautiful...when he's actually unattractive" but apparently people actually think he's beautiful...

hmm, you learn something new every day

Not just that he is 'beautiful' as in handsome. He is beautiful like a piece of art; in a sense? Like physically beautiful, but not necessarily attractive. Boy that does not make sense.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hawkeye446

@SC said:

His skin has that really attractive stainless steel fridge look to it. So he is like a fridge with wings? Odin knows the things I would do to my fridge if it had giant metallic wings. Add fangs and blood and your talking about take home to parents level attractiveness. Just make sure you don't do what Husk did... LOL 0_0

HAWWWWWWWT.. Or cold... Because he is a fridge... Hmmmm... Something to think about....

@lykopis:

Oh my, Gorgeous image by the way.
    And yes, Warren is beautiful. Beautiful in the classical sense, and now even more so. He was too pretty before (in my opinion), but now that he's the Archangel? Yowza.

I know.. It is from X-Force #17. The cover I believe. I am SOOOOO syked I can't tells yah. Do you read it? You better....

I agree.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Hawkeye446:  Like a paper cut....? The blood is pretty? I think I understand what your saying..... 
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By RainEffect
    @Hawkeye446: WHO IS THAT?!
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hawkeye446

@SC said:

@Hawkeye446: Like a paper cut....? The blood is pretty? I think I understand what your saying.....

Not really.. Lol... If you look at him, he is quite a marvel to look at in my opinion...

@RainEffect said:

In the picture? Archangel and Psylocke (nostalgia from Uncanny #256).

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By RainEffect
    @Hawkeye446 said:

@SC said:

@Hawkeye446: Like a paper cut....? The blood is pretty? I think I understand what your saying.....

Not really.. Lol... If you look at him, he is quite a marvel to look at in my opinion...

@RainEffect said:

Psylocke looks amazing there. I must read this issue! I've always been a supporter of the Psy/Arch relationship.
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hawkeye446

@RainEffect said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

@SC said:

@RainEffect said:

Psylocke looks amazing there. I must read this issue! I've always been a supporter of the Psy/Arch relationship.

She does..

:O

Don't tell me you haven't been reading Uncanny X-Force?????!

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hawkeye446

@lykopis said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

@SC said:

His skin has that really attractive stainless steel fridge look to it. So he is like a fridge with wings? Odin knows the things I would do to my fridge if it had giant metallic wings. Add fangs and blood and your talking about take home to parents level attractiveness. Just make sure you don't do what Husk did... LOL 0_0

HAWWWWWWWT.. Or cold... Because he is a fridge... Hmmmm... Something to think about....

@lykopis:

Oh my, Gorgeous image by the way.
    And yes, Warren is beautiful. Beautiful in the classical sense, and now even more so. He was too pretty before (in my opinion), but now that he's the Archangel? Yowza.

I know.. It is from X-Force #17. The cover I believe. I am SOOOOO syked I can't tells yah. Do you read it? You better....

I agree.

Are you insane? Of course I read it. I adore it. I can't say enough about it. I want to BE in it, lol!!

I think we both know the answer to that first question $_$

I too want to be wedged between each page like the sheets on my bed... Or, not....

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By moywar700

that truely is a stunning photo

Avatar image for astrangerinthestreet
    astrangerinthestreet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've only been reading comics for about 4 months and I've barely got into any story threads, but even with my limited knowledge of Archangel, I think he's beautiful, incredible and just plain breathtaking really.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 138

#18  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

He's beautiful in a terrifying way

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By jhazzroucher

wow, even Callisto stated Angel as the most beautiful man in the world.

No Caption Provided
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By John Valentine

Angel's probably the best-looking guy in the Marvel Universe. No mere words may do credit to the shear marvel that is his appearance. Blue or white, he's just a beautiful, beautiful being.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    ubungqingili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well he is a angel there suppose tb beautiful.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take the wings away and he'd be nothing special to look at. The wings make him look amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-59953d77c6a44
    deactivated-59953d77c6a44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take the wings away and he'd be nothing special to look at. The wings make him look amazing.

without the wings, he's still hot as heck. Even Bobby says so

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.