Why Do A Lot Of People Describe Archangel As Beautiful?

#1 Edited by jhazzroucher (15157 posts) - - Show Bio
My favorite Archangel Image. Hope somebody can find me a larger image of this. Just pm me. : )

Well, I've also asked that to myself. Why do i describe him as a beautiful person, rather than good-looking, or hunk or handsome? I really don't know. All I know is that when I describe him "beautiful," it's his physical appearance. Perhaps because he has cool wings. And angels in comics are usually female characters. Maybe that's the reason. But one thing is for sure. He looks awesome.

How about you? Why do you describe him beautiful?

Check out how cool Archangel looks on this video:

#2 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Archangel has the same effect as a sunset. He is dazzling. Not Handsome, a sunset isn't handsome. It is not good looking in that way. Archangel is really a marvel to look at. He has so many delicate and articulate details.

An even better analogy is that Archangel is like art. But, in a more physical form.

Uncanny X-Force #17

Stunning.

#3 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446: I agree. Ever since i was a child i thought of him as dazzling, and Angelic. I was never exactly sure why, but there was always something special about him that made him stand out from other characters.

#4 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

@Hawkeye446: I agree. Ever since i was a child i thought of him as dazzling, and Angelic. I was never exactly sure why, but there was always something special about him that made him stand out from other characters.

Definitely. I haven't really given it much thought before though. Guess my opinion laid dormant for a while.

#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was going to be about "why do people call Archangel beautiful...when he's actually unattractive" but apparently people actually think he's beautiful...

hmm, you learn something new every day

#6 Posted by SC (12709 posts) - - Show Bio

His skin has that really attractive stainless steel fridge look to it. So he is like a fridge with wings? Odin knows the things I would do to my fridge if it had giant metallic wings. Add fangs and blood and your talking about take home to parents level attractiveness. Just make sure you don't do what Husk did... LOL 

0_0

#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost said:

I thought this was going to be about "why do people call Archangel beautiful...when he's actually unattractive" but apparently people actually think he's beautiful...

Ditto. I also thought it would turn into talking about Warren pre-transformation.

I don't see it in AA.
#8 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

Not just that he is 'beautiful' as in handsome. He is beautiful like a piece of art; in a sense? Like physically beautiful, but not necessarily attractive. Boy that does not make sense.

#9 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

His skin has that really attractive stainless steel fridge look to it. So he is like a fridge with wings? Odin knows the things I would do to my fridge if it had giant metallic wings. Add fangs and blood and your talking about take home to parents level attractiveness. Just make sure you don't do what Husk did... LOL 0_0

HAWWWWWWWT.. Or cold... Because he is a fridge... Hmmmm... Something to think about....

@lykopis:

Oh my, Gorgeous image by the way.
And yes, Warren is beautiful. Beautiful in the classical sense, and now even more so. He was too pretty before (in my opinion), but now that he's the Archangel? Yowza.

I know.. It is from X-Force #17. The cover I believe. I am SOOOOO syked I can't tells yah. Do you read it? You better....

I agree.

#10 Posted by SC (12709 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446:  Like a paper cut....? The blood is pretty? I think I understand what your saying..... 
#11 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446: WHO IS THAT?!
#12 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

@Hawkeye446: Like a paper cut....? The blood is pretty? I think I understand what your saying.....

Not really.. Lol... If you look at him, he is quite a marvel to look at in my opinion...

@RainEffect said:

In the picture? Archangel and Psylocke (nostalgia from Uncanny #256).

#13 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446 said:

@SC said:

@Hawkeye446: Like a paper cut....? The blood is pretty? I think I understand what your saying.....

Not really.. Lol... If you look at him, he is quite a marvel to look at in my opinion...

@RainEffect said:

Psylocke looks amazing there. I must read this issue! I've always been a supporter of the Psy/Arch relationship.
#14 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

@SC said:

@RainEffect said:

Psylocke looks amazing there. I must read this issue! I've always been a supporter of the Psy/Arch relationship.

She does..

:O

Don't tell me you haven't been reading Uncanny X-Force?????!

#15 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

@SC said:

His skin has that really attractive stainless steel fridge look to it. So he is like a fridge with wings? Odin knows the things I would do to my fridge if it had giant metallic wings. Add fangs and blood and your talking about take home to parents level attractiveness. Just make sure you don't do what Husk did... LOL 0_0

HAWWWWWWWT.. Or cold... Because he is a fridge... Hmmmm... Something to think about....

@lykopis:

Oh my, Gorgeous image by the way.
And yes, Warren is beautiful. Beautiful in the classical sense, and now even more so. He was too pretty before (in my opinion), but now that he's the Archangel? Yowza.

I know.. It is from X-Force #17. The cover I believe. I am SOOOOO syked I can't tells yah. Do you read it? You better....

I agree.

Are you insane? Of course I read it. I adore it. I can't say enough about it. I want to BE in it, lol!!

I think we both know the answer to that first question $_$

I too want to be wedged between each page like the sheets on my bed... Or, not....

#16 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

that truely is a stunning photo

#17 Posted by astrangerinthestreet (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only been reading comics for about 4 months and I've barely got into any story threads, but even with my limited knowledge of Archangel, I think he's beautiful, incredible and just plain breathtaking really.

#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12569 posts) - - Show Bio

He's beautiful in a terrifying way

#19 Posted by jhazzroucher (15157 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, even Callisto stated Angel as the most beautiful man in the world.

#20 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel's probably the best-looking guy in the Marvel Universe. No mere words may do credit to the shear marvel that is his appearance. Blue or white, he's just a beautiful, beautiful being.

#21 Posted by ubungqingili (74 posts) - - Show Bio

well he is a angel there suppose tb beautiful.

#22 Posted by KingWillie (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Take the wings away and he'd be nothing special to look at. The wings make him look amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.