Follow

Angel

Character » Angel appears in 7419 issues.

A mutant and original member of the X-Men, Warren received his angelic wings at a young age along with a unique healing factor in his blood. After being twisted into a weapon of Apocalypse, Warren became the cold and distant Archangel. In the years since then, he's gone back and forth between his two identities.

Question about Archangel's feathers?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

The wings could also shoot poison-tipped metal feathers. Warren has independant control over each and every feather.  However, the wings were sometimes hard to command, especially when Warren felt strong emotions.     
     Copied from his bio. 

Does Archangel have mental control over his feather-projectiles, and make them change direction mid-flight? I had always thought they were just regular projectiles, and once he fired them they were out of his control.
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Power NeXus

nobody?
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By geraldthesloth

I thought they where only fired in the direction they where aimed at?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @geraldthesloth said:
    "I thought they where only fired in the direction they where aimed at? "
    That's what I thought
    Speedfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Speedfreak

He doesn't have mental control over his feather blade once they're fired.
    archangel0127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By archangel0127

hey, slight side note,  can angel still heal,  I've been hereing he cannot but a dont agree  
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Power NeXus
    @archangel0127 said:
    "hey, slight side note,  can angel still heal,  I've been hereing he cannot but a dont agree   "

I have also heard that he lost his blood-borne healing factor when he gained the ability to switch between Angel and Archangel forms. 
    Why don't you agree?
    archangel0127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By archangel0127

I don't agree because it make no sense,  yeh if like icurus his wings power the healing I kinda get it, but if they were neva his originals then y did it stop wen the tecno wings grew bak, 

surely it wud be stronger now his me(n)tal side is bak 
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Power NeXus
    @archangel0127 said:
    "I don't agree because it make no sense,  yeh if like icurus his wings power the healing I kinda get it, but if they were neva his originals then y did it stop wen the tecno wings grew bak,  surely it wud be stronger now his me(n)tal side is bak  "

If you want everything in comics to make sense, then you're going to have to write your own comics. 

And please learn a thing or two about spelling. Your post is very hard to read.
    shadowjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shadowjin
    @Power NeXus said:
    " @archangel0127 said:
    "I don't agree because it make no sense,  yeh if like icurus his wings power the healing I kinda get it, but if they were neva his originals then y did it stop wen the tecno wings grew bak,  surely it wud be stronger now his me(n)tal side is bak  "
    If you want everything in comics to make sense, then you're going to have to write your own comics.  And please learn a thing or two about spelling. Your post is very hard to read. "

come on dude, seriously? ive read a few of your post and you seam like a cool guy.. dont tell someone they "need to learn a thing or two about spelling".. im sure hes aware..

His healing factor from my understanding was a 2nd mutation.. while it wasn't an original power, it grew into an enhanced  healing factor. (he always had a basic level healing factor) not the kind that healed others and increased his. I think if he lost his enhanced healing factor was due to his Archangel powers coming back. Its almost as if his body compensated for losing his better more resistant metal wings that had projectiles/poison for an enhanced healing factor. Like how a blind persons body compensates for the loss by enhancing your hearing or something else. I think Archangels body  reverted him back into his more powerful durable form but regressed his enhanced healing. Than again these are just guess... i heard he lost his healing but im not 100% sure. 

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Power NeXus
    @shadowjin said:
    "@Power NeXus said:
    " @archangel0127 said:
    If you want everything in comics to make sense, then you're going to have to write your own comics.  And please learn a thing or two about spelling. Your post is very hard to read. "

come on dude, seriously? ive read a few of your post and you seam like a cool guy.. dont tell someone they "need to learn a thing or two about spelling".. im sure hes aware..

His healing factor from my understanding was a 2nd mutation.. while it wasn't an original power, it grew into an enhanced  healing factor. (he always had a basic level healing factor) not the kind that healed others and increased his. I think if he lost his enhanced healing factor was due to his Archangel powers coming back. Its almost as if his body compensated for losing his better more resistant metal wings that had projectiles/poison for an enhanced healing factor. Like how a blind persons body compensates for the loss by enhancing your hearing or something else. I think Archangels body  reverted him back into his more powerful durable form but regressed his enhanced healing. Than again these are just guess... i heard he lost his healing but im not 100% sure. 

"

Hey, my parents raised me to be big on spelling and grammar and whatnot. It's hard for me to not be a grammar nazi now.
    archangel0127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By archangel0127

okay, cheers on the grammar front i'll remember that in the future, 

Also I think the healing thing won't be resolved for a while,  like the true nature of scarlett witch's powers 

But in the meanwhile I'm pro-healing    just makes him more angely....................sorry I am trying  
    Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Hawk

Archangel must have some mental control over the blades, because they can melt your mind man.....! 
    But I think he just kinda throws them with his wings.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.