Follow

Angel

Character » Angel appears in 7419 issues.

A mutant and original member of the X-Men, Warren received his angelic wings at a young age along with a unique healing factor in his blood. After being twisted into a weapon of Apocalypse, Warren became the cold and distant Archangel. In the years since then, he's gone back and forth between his two identities.

How strong is Archangel?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

I know he has superhuman strength and durability, but I've never been quite sure what levels they're on.
    archangel0127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By archangel0127

His wings are superstrong but he can only lift about half a ton (imperial), near peak human strength I think 
    Avatar image for iron_fist_angel
    Iron Fist Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Iron Fist Angel

He can lift 300 lbs. normally and his wings obviously add to that total, (an additional 200 lbs). Technically that is considered superhuman because anyone who can lift twice their own body weight gets that distinction.

Now supposedly he is stronger when in his Archangel form but I don't think anybody knows exactly by how much.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By speedlgt

can this guy do anything other than fly?????
    i mean flying is cool but come on

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By castleking

he has exceptional superhuman eyesight, capable of transforming into his archangel death personal, has a healing factor. his blood is capable of healing others.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cracks
    @castleking: Can adamantium cut through Archangel's wings? Doesn't he shoot things out of his wings? What are they.. explosives?              %Pr
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Power NeXus
    @cracks said:
    " @castleking: Can adamantium cut through Archangel's wings? Doesn't he shoot things out of his wings? What are they.. explosives?              %Pr "

Reportedly, adamantium can cut through anything less dense than carbonadium. The exact metal that composes Archangel's wings has never been revealed, but I would think that if it were carbonadium, it would have been well worth mentioning. So we can assume they are composed of a lesser metal, and so can be cut by adamantium blades. 
    Archangel has the ability to fire his razor-sharp wings as projectiles. These can be either normal projectiles, or then can be tipped with a toxin that attacks the nervous system of living organisms.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cracks
    @Power NeXus: Thank you for the information.                   %Pr
    slap_nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By slap_nuts

does'nt he also project explosive missile type fethers from his wings? I used to have an archangel card that said he projects missile. But then agin that was way back when this guy first hit the scene as Archangel. Alot of times things get rewritten or woven into the story plot.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

varies. he seems to getting written differantly all the time. he's had quite a few upgrades/mutations and is
    supposed to be pretty powerful right now. as a Horseman natural is supposed to be. but i dunno, because his 
    showings are so varied and he's rarely shown accomplishing a feat of strength. best most recent i can think of was
    he flew straight through a big Godzilla wannabe, which would take alot of force. he's pretty damned fast though, ive seen 
    that a few times. sorry i cant come up with anything strength wise.

spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By spiderpigbart

I assume about a ton.  Also, he can go Mach 1!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.