Follow

Angel

Character » Angel appears in 7419 issues.

A mutant and original member of the X-Men, Warren received his angelic wings at a young age along with a unique healing factor in his blood. After being twisted into a weapon of Apocalypse, Warren became the cold and distant Archangel. In the years since then, he's gone back and forth between his two identities.

Fallen Angel

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redwingx
    HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By HolySerpent

Did he die

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@HolySerpent said:

Did he die

Physically? No. Mentally and metaphorically? Yes. The "Warren Worthington" personality has been completely erased. He's a blank canvas now.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HolySerpent

How come?

yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@HolySerpent: Well Angel was tainted with the bloodthirsty death persona, which completely took control of his body and ascended as the new Apocalypse. Seeing no other choice, Wolverine's X-Force bust Dark Beast from his prison convoy in need of his help, seeing as he was one of Apocalypse's (En Sabah Nur) right hand men. Dark Beast then told Logan and his hit squad, that the only way to cure Warren of Apocalypse influence (the death persona), was to obtain a celestial artifact known as the life seed, which coincidentally was located in Dark Beast's AoA universe. The Dark Angel Saga came to an abrupt end when Betsy stabbed Archangel with the life seed, not knowing for sure whether it would cure him or kill him (I'm more inclined to say she thought the latter). As the whole citadel is coming down on Logan's team, "Angel" somehow emerges from the rubble unscathed and topless, with no memory of his previous life. He is now exactly what his moniker "Angel" entails; embraces life and feels the need to help others.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HolySerpent

That is so stupid it's a crime

yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@HolySerpent: You might want to pick up the hardcover of that saga and judge it yourself, as opposed to taking my word for it. You can't go wrong when 99% of readers agree that the Dark Angel Saga is going to be classic.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@HolySerpent said:

That is so stupid it's a crime

O_O Actually it was better than just killing him like everyone assumed, him dying would have been a crime after all this development. But in all seriousness read the arc, this outcome was quite fitting and a brief summary doesn't do the story justice because it is quite brilliant.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HolySerpent

My bad. Lol I guess I put that on my to read list

Comiclove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Comiclove

@HolySerpent:

XD Same

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.