Do you like it that Angel can switch to Archangel at any time?

#1 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I think it's kinda cool but I've met a lot of people that really don't like the idea.  

Penny for your thoughts?

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Best of both worlds.

#3 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it but I don't know what the difference to him is. I also tend to see his costume change because of it which is odd. Archangel seems to be more powerful so why not be like that all the time other than the blue skin? I could see them possibly blending the two where he has his normal skin tone with the metal wings.

#4 Edited by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I really love it, it gives a lot of potential to the character. Without his archangel form he is just a very good flyer that ocasionally heals a teamate with his blood, once he turns into archangel he is a killer machine and a real powerhouse (I love the x-force story arc where he killed almost the entire Choir and the Purifiers by himself). Thanks Kyle and thanks Yost for bringing him back and doing it this way, he is now one of the cooler x-men.

#5 Posted by Eet Mor Puppee (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Normally, I think the characters who get transformed into something else are really lame (Yes, Gambit, I'm looking at you.) But I'm okay with Archangel being a bit schizoid. He really isn't a very interesting character when he's not Archangel. I'd actually prefer if he stayed Archangel all the time, but I'll settle for this.
#6 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it... I hope that it develops into some sort of internal conflict for Warren in the future between the Angel and Archangel transformation!
#7 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

yes i love it, as arachangel he is capable fighter as angel he is just great to look at

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

I re-read "Utopia" yesterday..... what the @#$ ever happened with Archangel VS Bullseye?!?!?!

#9 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

It is cool, but I think the reason behind it is kinda lame.  

#10 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its cool as well I no longer consider him a 100% bird now he is 50%

#11 Posted by csimon (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it
#12 Posted by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

its part of him now and its awesome haha

#13 Posted by Edamame (28169 posts) - - Show Bio

Archangel: "If they are strong, then they will survive."

#14 Posted by -chapel- (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel was Archangel when I first started reading XMen so when he went back to nomarl I was like WTF? Who is this pussy? 
#15 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it because warren is too boring with out archangel plus it adds to his character, it's good for plots and his development

#16 Posted by Captain_Justice95 (399 posts) - - Show Bio

@-chapel- said:

Angel was Archangel when I first started reading XMen so when he went back to nomarl I was like WTF? Who is this pussy? 

lol same thing happend to me. I say just keep him like Archangel, he's a total stud when he's Archangel, and theres no point to turn into the origianl angel
#17 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

Now he just reminds me of "Black Swan" lol

#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13201 posts) - - Show Bio

id prefer it he just stuck with one.
#19 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

I started reading in the 90's so I like his Archangel form more but his Angel form is pretty wack.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.