Archangel transformation

#1 Posted by LB70145 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

So how does Angel go from his normal feather wings form to his Archangel metal wings form? I suppose it may work like Colossus's transformation. Regardless, I want an artist to depict the transformation.

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

There have been a few images of the transformation in X-Force & Uncanny.  His skin seems to change colour in a wave that moves across his body.  But I don't think there's been much to show how his wings change back & forth.

#3 Edited by JackAs (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know how either but it was the scene when his wings got ripped off. His wings grew back but in the form of Archangel, a sort of metamorphosis of back in his days as a horsemen of Apocalypse.  

#4 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds to me like it sort like a werewolf, his personality changes into more aggressive and beastly

#5 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Elixir identified that there were techno-organic cellular structures in Warren's body, a result of Apocalypse's modification. These actually prevented him (Josh) from regrowing Warren's wings before Warren initially transformed back into Archangel. These types of cell are probably what enables Warren to transform. 

#6 Posted by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" Elixir identified that there were techno-organic cellular structures in Warren's body, a result of Apocalypse's modification. These actually prevented him (Josh) from regrowing Warren's wings before Warren initially transformed back into Archangel. These types of cell are probably what enables Warren to transform.  "
Great answer! 
#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I don't read much X-men, and during "Utopia", Angel randomly turning into Arch-Angel kinda threw me off. I thought it was cool though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.