Follow

Angel

Character » Angel appears in 7419 issues.

A mutant and original member of the X-Men, Warren received his angelic wings at a young age along with a unique healing factor in his blood. After being twisted into a weapon of Apocalypse, Warren became the cold and distant Archangel. In the years since then, he's gone back and forth between his two identities.

Archangel or Angel

asxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By asxz
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

"Angel" is still Angel Salvadore, the mother of Beak's kids. Marvel still has him listed as Archangel. So I'm still leaning towards ARCHangel unitl they decide otherwise. I agree it makes more sense but that's how they want it I guess.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
    Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Captain Cascader

Vote for archangel as well. It's generally the name more people are gonna be familiar with.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

My problem is we have to have Archangel listed in X-Men #1. But that's just what he goes by now. Hopefully they'll get rid of that loser Angel Salvadore now that she and Beak are out of the picture. Guess we can see how they refer to him in Hulk. Archangel was good when he was blue and with metal wings. He's back to being a wussy angel. But until Marvel says otherwise...

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Prodigal Son

G-Man says:

"...wussy angel..."

Heh

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

There was also a golden age character named Angel.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sling Shot

When are they gonna stop messing around with keeping Archangel boring and mostly ineffective. Once they take my advice and allow for Warren Worthington the Third to go through a secondary mutation, or maybe the complete expression of his original mutation, and give him energy wings and sublight physical adaptations he will finally be an character worthy of being called Archangel.

And maybe get him a rogues gallery.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Archangel can be totally badass as he is.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sling Shot

When? Where? To Who?

He's an X-man. One of the originals. X-men used to represent cutting edge. That has been their esthetic for some time. As he is, he's somewhat outdated.

He could run with Punisher and that crowd, but the motif of Archangel, as I see him, is to rise above. He has great Icon potential, up their with Storm.

If Marvel were to make the changes I suggested I believe he could captivate the attention of the reader new and old in a new way.At least he would make my top five X-men.

Get someone like Kenneth Rocafort, or Olivier Coipel to redo his look. Puhleeeeaze, He'd be killing it.
    Post Edited:2007-05-11 16:10:31

asxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By asxz

He already went through a secondary mutation when his wings grew back and his healing factor changed his skin back to normal from blue.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sling Shot

I'd like to retcon that whole debacle, but whatev. Okay, we'll call it a tertiary mutation.

Energy wings or bust!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.