Archangel or Angel

#1 Posted by asxz (213 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by G-Man (37780 posts) - - Show Bio

"Angel" is still Angel Salvadore, the mother of Beak's kids. Marvel still has him listed as Archangel. So I'm still leaning towards ARCHangel unitl they decide otherwise. I agree it makes more sense but that's how they want it I guess.

Staff
#3 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Vote for archangel as well. It's generally the name more people are gonna be familiar with.

Staff
#4 Posted by G-Man (37780 posts) - - Show Bio

My problem is we have to have Archangel listed in X-Men #1. But that's just what he goes by now. Hopefully they'll get rid of that loser Angel Salvadore now that she and Beak are out of the picture. Guess we can see how they refer to him in Hulk. Archangel was good when he was blue and with metal wings. He's back to being a wussy angel. But until Marvel says otherwise...

Staff
#5 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"...wussy angel..."

Heh

#6 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

There was also a golden age character named Angel.

#7 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

When are they gonna stop messing around with keeping Archangel boring and mostly ineffective. Once they take my advice and allow for Warren Worthington the Third to go through a secondary mutation, or maybe the complete expression of his original mutation, and give him energy wings and sublight physical adaptations he will finally be an character worthy of being called Archangel.

And maybe get him a rogues gallery.

#8 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

Archangel can be totally badass as he is.

#9 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

When? Where? To Who?

He's an X-man. One of the originals. X-men used to represent cutting edge. That has been their esthetic for some time. As he is, he's somewhat outdated.

He could run with Punisher and that crowd, but the motif of Archangel, as I see him, is to rise above. He has great Icon potential, up their with Storm.

If Marvel were to make the changes I suggested I believe he could captivate the attention of the reader new and old in a new way.At least he would make my top five X-men.

Get someone like Kenneth Rocafort, or Olivier Coipel to redo his look. Puhleeeeaze, He'd be killing it.
Post Edited:2007-05-11 16:10:31

#10 Posted by asxz (213 posts) - - Show Bio

He already went through a secondary mutation when his wings grew back and his healing factor changed his skin back to normal from blue.

#11 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to retcon that whole debacle, but whatev. Okay, we'll call it a tertiary mutation.

Energy wings or bust!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.