Angel or Archangel?

#1 Posted by eldestrisk (636 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm digging him being Angel and Archangel when he needs to be more bad-ass.

But should he decide and stay as one?

#2 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Archangel looks way cooler they should split them and make them rivals :D

#3 Posted by eldestrisk (636 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought of that, haha that would be kinda cool. =P

#4 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him being able to switch, he is useful in a fight again. but i think the archangel persona is winning.  

Plus that looks really cool
#5 Posted by Erik (32446 posts) - - Show Bio

I just really hate how his costume changes when he switches. 

#6 Posted by eldestrisk (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama: I know, it's like they are making him to be this dark character, instead of an old loving Angel. =) but i like him being able to fight again.
#7 Posted by eldestrisk (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: I found that pretty akward and annoying.
#8 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@eldestrisk:
most of the time i was think, yeah angel, what is he really gonna do in a fight? now we see stuff like this 

#9 Posted by eldestrisk (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama: I know, it's pretty cool, i just wish they gave him a little more personality.
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"
I like him being able to switch, he is useful in a fight again. but i think the archangel persona is winning.  

Plus that looks really cool "
It only looks cool when done by a decent artist & colorist ;) 

But I agree that the ability to change between the two is a better take on the character.  If he's going to be one or the other, than they have to resolve the influence Apocalypse has over him...
#11 Posted by eldestrisk (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: I think Apocalypse influence is already over, it's just that he got so used to be this dark person he doesn't now how to get back to the millionaire playboy he was once known to be.
#12 Edited by DevilmanEX (617 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:

" @eldestrisk:
most of the time i was think, yeah angel, what is he really gonna do in a fight? now we see stuff like this 

"
my thoughts exactly......its also cool to see the dichotomy between his normal self and the apocalypse fueled death self
#13 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him as both. Gives him an unique twist. And he has complete control over the Archangel side now as shown when he refused to kill Apocalypse when ordered to by Apocalypse.

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio

arcangel is just cooler

#15 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox-kitty said:
" @jordama said:
"

It only looks cool when done by a decent artist & colorist ;)  But I agree that the ability to change between the two is a better take on the character.  If he's going to be one or the other, than they have to resolve the influence Apocalypse has over him... "

The art in new mutants was unbelievable
#16 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"
@xerox-kitty said:
" @jordama said:
"

It only looks cool when done by a decent artist & colorist ;)  But I agree that the ability to change between the two is a better take on the character.  If he's going to be one or the other, than they have to resolve the influence Apocalypse has over him... "
The art in new mutants was unbelievable "
Agreed. I wish that artist and Carey would work together. Carey does an amazing job with any character he gets handed. But too bad it was Greg Land.
#17 Posted by Redalert_27 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Archangel hands down!

#18 Posted by THALASTDRAGON (387 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer archangel, but both work well and look great when handled by tha right creative teams
#19 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"I like him being able to switch"

same .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.