Follow

Andy Diggle

Person » Andy Diggle is credited in 545 issues.

Andy Diggle is a British comic book writer who has worked on Thunderbolts and Daredevil. He also created the Vertigo title The Losers in 2003 which was adapted into a feature film released in 2010. Current titles include UNCANNY, THIEF OF THIEVES, DOCTOR WHO and SNAPSHOT.

Andy Diggle & Dynamite Entertainment to Launch Crime Title

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided

Dynamite is continuing their New York Comic Con series of announcements. Today they've announced that Andy Diggle, fresh off his Marvel exclusive contract, is set to write his next series at Dynamite.

This upcoming project will be part of Dynamite's new crime line of comics, the first was announced yesterday with writer Garth Ennis.

Diggle's most recent work includes his run on DAREDEVIL, THUNDERBOLTS and THE LOSERS which he transformed and made relevant with artist, Jock. Diggle also worked with Jock on GREEN ARROW: YEAR ONE at DC Comics. He's recently started writing the new ongoing DOCTOR WHO series at IDW. Diggle has also edited and wrote for 2000 A.D. for a period.

It's not every day that a publisher offers you the chance to create a whole new world from scratch, and I'm having fun cooking up something dark, funny, violent and twisted for Dynamite. Hard-hitting genre fiction with a twist, for readers who don't like having their intelligence insulted. The kind of comic I want to read myself. So there's really just one question - are you in or are you out?

There will be more announcements on this project comic soon.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Deranged Midget

Interesting, I'll keep an eye on that.

Completely off topic, but am I the only one who thinks he looks a lot like a younger Gary Oldman?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sethysquare

uhm. So Diggle is still going to take over action comics?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By longbowhunter

I think creator owned crime comics is where Diggle feels at home. His superhero work is hit or miss. Glad to see Dynamite stepping they're game up. It's been a while since I've been interested in so many of their titles.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Lvenger

@longbowhunter: In that case, given what you've said, the rumour that he's going to be writing Action Comics has me a tad more worried now.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I am all the way in!

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By moviegeek17

(takes out cash) Just take it andy! With all the event/renumbering madness of the big two i could really use some damn good stories!

RoninAutomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By RoninAutomaton

I’m in.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Something that is right up Diggle's alley I say. Awesome! Makes me wonder though like Sethy if Diggle's still gonna be doing Action Comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.