Follow

American Eagle

Character » American Eagle appears in 66 issues.

The second man who took up the name American Eagle.

American Eagle

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sling Shot

American Eagle returns from obscurity and it seems from the racial stereotypes that plagues Marvel.

Well thats actually to be seen. But his new outfit ,especially the helmet, are dope.

And he has personality.

Thunderbolts just got cooler.
    Post Edited:2007-05-11 19:13:37

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I hadn't heard of him before but I like him now. Hope they don't do him like Jack Flag, make me like him just so they can kill him.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sling Shot

Yeah,I know. Jack was cold. I wonder if he is a limbo revamp too.

I don't think that Ellis is gonna do that to AE though.

I hope this book becomes the nxus point for marvel limboites to revamp and reboot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By -000

I like how the Thunderbolts are fighting old, obscure characters. I just found the American Eagle article in the Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

It'd be awesome if he only wore clothes from American Eagle Outfitters. Maybe his arch nemesis can be The Gap and a preppy Lex Luthor type with great abs named Abercrombie Fitch. His love interest could be Wet Seal or Ann Taylor... you could go on forever with this.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sling Shot

But we'd rather not.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Lady Tlieso

Shatterstar says:

"It'd be awesome if he only wore clothes from American Eagle Outfitters. Maybe his arch nemesis can be The Gap and a preppy Lex Luthor type with great abs named Abercrombie Fitch. His love interest could be Wet Seal or Ann Taylor... you could go on forever with this."

thank you for reading my mind. when i saw the post all i could think was "why is there a hero named after a clothing store?"

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

Well American Eagle did a pretty good job against the Thunderbolts in #114. Just goes to show you how un-team like they are. But next issue may be another story.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sling Shot

Tlieso says:

"Shatterstar says:
    "It'd be awesome if he only wore clothes from American Eagle Outfitters. Maybe his arch nemesis can be The Gap and a preppy Lex Luthor type with great abs named Abercrombie Fitch. His love interest could be Wet Seal or Ann Taylor... you could go on forever with this."

thank you for reading my mind. when i saw the post all i could think was "why is there a hero named after a clothing store?""

He prexists the clothing store.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I had no idea who this guy was so I went and looked him up in the vine. He's as dead as Dillinger. I guarantee what they did to Jack Flag is nothing compared to what there gonna do to this guy. Do you see what there doing? His old custom (offensive as it may be) were the colors of the flag. The Thunderbolts are taking out all these old symbols of America. That's what I think anyways.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Sling Shot says:

"Tlieso says:
    "Shatterstar says:

thank you for reading my mind. when i saw the post all i could think was "why is there a hero named after a clothing store?""

He prexists the clothing store."

Really? The retailer was created in 1904.

Avatar image for phantom_woodsman
    Phantom Woodsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Phantom Woodsman

Shatterstar says:

"Sling Shot says:
    "Tlieso says:
    "Shatterstar says:
    "It'd be awesome if he only wore clothes from American Eagle Outfitters. Maybe his arch nemesis can be The Gap and a preppy Lex Luthor type with great abs named Abercrombie Fitch. His love interest could be Wet Seal or Ann Taylor... you could go on forever with this. "
    He prexists the clothing store."
    Really? The retailer was created in 1904. "

OH! well that must be where they got the name.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By -000

American Eagle was badass in Thunderbolts, especially how he almost killed Bullseye.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the creator

He was and is a really underused character.

Back when he was first released he was a force to be reckoned with. Stronger than Spiderman, superhuman endurance, enhanced running speed, enhanced durability, superhuman senses. He had all the right enhancements to become a seriuos player on one of the more popular teams (say the Avengers -it worked for BP). But he is misused and fades in to obscurity. I admit he used a piss-poor crossbow but a solid basis was there along with a background that could have been further developed.

I just hope that they keep the momentum going and he moves forward on to bigger better things.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.